Sign in to follow this  
carguyinok

240Z in movies

I saw three s30's the other night on ONE episode of Cops.

It was on and I hit the pause on our DVR. I cought the wheel well and wondered what it was. Then I saw a wide shot of some dumpy guy face down on the front lawn and it was parked in his driveway behind him.

The 2nd one was some dark colored 280z that the driver and passenger bailed from at low speed to continue fleeing on foot...

The third one was a white 240 used as a frisking table for a drunk driver. I don't know if it was his vehicle or if he was just wondering the streets, but it was in the parking lot of a Seven Eleven. hahaha...

That vehicle in Vanilla Sky was a black Ferrari 250... although I didn't pay close attention to the side window frame and windshield. It could have been a Z conversion. I'll have to look at the movie and see, but I doubt it. That movie production actually shut down and vacated Times Square for the first time in history for the scene with that car in it, so if the producer could afford to pay those businesses, I wouldn't doubt the legitimacy of the use of a real Ferrari from a private collection, museum or high end rental lot.

Unfortunately, I saw a 240Z get smashed by Sam Worthington in the new Terminator movie. It happens kind of quick, you got be paying attention. In the theater, I was freak'n out when I saw it. I was like,"YO, look out for that Z!"

In the early 80's Charlie Sheen made a movie about being a Porsche thief, called (No Mans Land). There are several Z's in varying shots around the L.A. area as "they" the thieves are out and about. And to boot you get to see Brad Pitt as an extra.. he plays the roll of a waiter and he has a mulet...LOL

Just spotted one.

'The Cannonball Run' - After the Chevelle crashes into the pool, a Z can be seen through the wood fence when the police car drives by.

It's white w/black louvers. I believe it's a 280 but can't be sure.

I can't remember the name of that stupid cheerleader movie with Kristen Dunst but there was a great scene with some hotties in bikini's washing a 240z. I think it was red. been a long time but I do remember that scene ;)

Edit:

The coolest Datsun cameo is in the movie "American Psycho II" In the first 20 minutes, the teacher (first victim) drives away in a perfect orange 510!!! I was blown away why they would have chosen that car. Must be one of the producers cars. I couldn't watch the movie anymore though b/c it was so terrible.

Edited by five&dime

While not in the movies, my son and I witnessed a Z31 the other night running at high speed with lights off from 6 cops and CHPs on local city streets. I wonder if he got away or wrecked it....

In the latest mobile one commercial, a minivan with nascar style numbers on the side is driving left across the screen for the first 10 seconds or so.

About 5-7 seconds in, when the camera gets closest to the van, a green Z speed by in the opposite direction between the camera and the van.

Yup, been covered about 100 times. I don't seriously expect anyone to read all 26 pages but I promise, it's been mentioned to death. That commercial is about 2 or 3 years old. JFYI.

Dave

I can't remember the name of that stupid cheerleader movie with Kristen Dunst but there was a great scene with some hotties in bikini's washing a 240z. I think it was red. been a long time but I do remember that scene ;)

I posted this pic in the Boobs section also.

post-4921-14150808481457_thumb.jpg

"Just saw a beautiful 908 240Z with Rewinds on Crimiinal Minds-the opening was a pretty redhead looking through the want ads, finding a 240Z and going for her last testdrive!

Will"

Not the wrong thread Will. I just literally saw the exact scene you mentioned and was telling my wife "Hunny, look at the 240Z" She's all "Where?" as she's looking outside. No sill on TV. If she did'nt love the show so much, I never would have caught it.

Also, it's a series 1 with hatch vents and shaved quarter emblems. Beautiful car though and has Washington State Plates.

Dave

"Just saw a beautiful 908 240Z with Rewinds on Crimiinal Minds-the opening was a pretty redhead looking through the want ads, finding a 240Z and going for her last testdrive!

Will"

Not the wrong thread Will. I just literally saw the exact scene you mentioned and was telling my wife "Hunny, look at the 240Z" She's all "Where?" as she's looking outside. No sill on TV. If she did'nt love the show so much, I never would have caught it.

Also, it's a series 1 with hatch vents and shaved quarter emblems. Beautiful car though and has Washington State Plates.

Dave

That was the first episode of that series. Someone posted this thread when it first aired in 2005.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18758

-Mike

I tried searching but couldn't find the thread about seeing z cars in movies. I recently had the pleasure of watching the movie Black Dynamite. It is a spoof of the blaxploitation movies of the 70's and pretty funny. I highly recommend it. Anyway, there is a scene where the main character is talking with two young girls and they both say that their moms told them their dad is named Black Dynamite (funny). In the background, there is what looks like a brown 240z.

carl

I searched for the word "movies" and found the previous thread easy enough. I'll merge this thread into the old one, as there's no need for two threads on this, especially when they have the exact same title...

Edited by Arne

While not actually seen, it is mentioned on the television sitcom "Two and a Half Men" that Evelyn Harper, Charlie & Alan's mother, once owned a Datsun 280Z.

Charlie: Hey.

Alan: Hey, what are you doing home?

Charlie: Linda's spending time with her son tonight.

Apparently she's one of those single moms that puts her kid first.

Alan: The bitch.

Charlie: You're just saying that because our mom put us third.

Alan: Fourth after she got the Datsun 280Z.

I am an avid "Two and a Half Men" fan, I can't beleive I missed that one. Cool that you were paying attension. Aparently not my strong suit.

Dave

I haven't read all the posts on this thread, and I think I actually remember seeing it posted SOMEWHERE (might have its own thread, or even in the barn finds thread, not sure).

I was watching a "Chasing Classic Cars" episode, where wayne is invited to check out an old vintage motorcycle collection. After checking out the motorcycles, Wayne was on his way up to another room in the shop to check out a vintage Ferrari race car, when the camera glimpsed what looked to be an early 240Z. This guy DEFINATELY had good taste!!!

FYI, I forget what model and year the Ferrari was, but i think I remember the guys widow saying that he had purchased it in the '70's for something like $15,000.00 and it is now estimated to be worth millions!!!!

Regards,

Astrohog

There was a Z on Chasing Classic Cars last night, which was a new episode. Wayne went to look at an old Mercedes 300SL and they mentioned the guy had a car collection and they zoomed in a on 240z(I think) and there was a ZX next to it.

Edited by warcmalla