IGNORED

Driving Light Mounts ~ Safari style

Zedrally

You mean about the photo Guus posted?

That's the 1972 Southern Cross. Rauno Aaltonen and Steve Halloran in "TKS 22 SA 8075". The great Hannu Mikkola is leaning on the door chatting to Aaltonen.

They actually won the rally on the road, but were demoted to 2nd for a rule infringement over advertising stickers on the car. Seems the organisers thought they had too many stickers, or they were too big. Oh for the good old days!

Trick car, that one. It was running the ECGI injected engine. Pretty powerful.

That car also did ( at least ) one other rally in Australia; the 1972 "Dulux International" - which I don't know too much about, do you? It was crewed by Edgar Herrmann and Roger Bonhomme ( a good combination of a fast and experienced Works driver and an experienced navigator with good local knowledge ).

Cheers,

Alan T.

You mean about the photo Guus posted?

Snip...

That car also did ( at least ) one other rally in Australia; the 1972 "Dulux International" - which I don't know too much about, do you? It was crewed by Edgar Herrmann and Roger Bonhomme ( a good combination of a fast and experienced Works driver and an experienced navigator with good local knowledge ).

Cheers,

Alan T.

No, however you have asked and I will seek...

Incidently, Guus, make a note of the 72 result Alan has posted as I didn't see 72 in your Z-point site...

I don't suppose you have any further history of the car in question as it doesn't appear to have returned to Aus. in 73?

If it did it may have been a recce car?

MIke

Mike

Cheers,

Alan T.

Alan & Guss,

I have been in touch with the Director of the Dulux, he has confirmed that he has further information, however is interstate until next week and is un-able to give us results.

The 72 Dulux as far as I have been able to determine was run in the Albury area. Further information concerning Bob Watson's car is that it may have also been driven in the "Golden Alpine" in 73. I'm awaiting a photo, which hopefully will have the missing numbers...

Mike

Good morning all,

I didn’t had time to respond because we rallied a three day regularity. The Classic SLS rally (1300Km.). I drove this one last year as well, very nice to do!! We finish as 48th.

Kept the car in one piece, which some people can’t tell anymore. Came back yesterday and read al about it.

I will ad the information to the Victory lane page, Alan supplied about the Dulux rally. And again it would marvellous if, specially, the director himself could update the records!!

May I have the honour to open the gallery of the Dulux rally?

Now it is time for coffee, just came out of bed and get myself on track!!

post-1340-14150794237999_thumb.jpg

Guus,

These results are from the 1973 Australian Rally Championship.

Car details are vague, they may/maynot be works cars. Although, I would suspect they may be as in 1974, there was only 1 240 entered and none in '72. Apparently there are photos.

Luckily, the Kilfe, I now. I only need to track him down, so I have another mission in life...

Round One Uniroyal Southern 500, SA

Date: March 10-15 6 *F Kilfoyle *M Osborne *Datsun 240Z

Round Three Bunbury Curran

Date: April 14-15 3 *F Kilfoyle *M Osborne *Datsun 240Z

Round Five Warana Rally*

Date: September 22-23 5 *B Evans *B Lake *Datsun 240Z

The Southern Cross and Dulux are proving a little more difficult as International Rallies tended not be be as well documented.

Mike