IGNORED

Attacked by rust

240kconvertible

I've attached a couple more shot of the sill. They were full of rust on the inside but still hadn't shown through. Why can't cars rust from the outside in!! how easy would it be to fix then.

As you can see I had to get rid of the whole sill, lucky for me the new steel box section was hardly touched and the rust hadn't gone to far up into the body.

There is 2 lunchbox size hollow box sections under the floor near each door with a whole big enough to put your finger in, mine are totally full of rust. It's the last bit of grinding I think I have to do.

If anyone can direct me to any hidden spots which rust out on them, I'd really like to hear from you as I want this car to be rust free for the next ten years at least.

Cheers Drew

post-9623-14150798436464_thumb.jpg

post-9623-14150798437513_thumb.jpg

You'd have to have the coupe though or it just wouldn't look right next to our C110 coupes.

Does anyone know anyone who actually has one in Australia?

Geez 'Drew! I didn't mean to "hide my light under a bushel":laugh:

I got my 15 mins of fame in this months Unique Cars magazine...page 92:cheeky:

Cheers,

Jim.

post-6441-14150798438598_thumb.jpg

You'd have to have the coupe though or it just wouldn't look right next to our C110 coupes.

C10? Theres one in Perth. - its for sale, if you have a spare $30 grand.

http://www.c-red.com.au/stock/kgc10/index.shtml

Also aarc240 (or whatever his moniker is) said there was a C10 coupe in a Dealer showroom back in the 70's (somwhere in SA i think he said), so if its still around, thats another.

• 2 KGC10 GT-X GT-R lookalikes in Sydney
  • 2 KGC10 GT-X in Victoria
  • ..and the blue KGC10 in WA

...Oh, and a four door '68-9 model rumoured to be in Tasmania. More likely this was a Super Six or a Cedric or something in that line as they were imported here and bear a passing resemblance to the C10 sedan.

There may be others lurking. At the Z cars concours last Sunday a Nissan literate type person was looking over my car and said he saw one recently at a dyno performance place in Brookvale. a customers car delivered on a trailer... in race trim! I suspect it being in race trim may have been something similar in shape...but who knows?

KGC10 coupes are nice, but most of them have been butchered here in Japan. If you don't mind the challenge of fixing someone else's destructive habits, it's worth a shot. The last one I looked at had mis-matched front seats (passenger: stock; driver: racing), L28, triple webbers, unknown and very loud exhaust system, lowered suspension, and a lot of rust.

The 4 doors lived a much better life, having more likely been family cars. Mine came with exhaust and wheels as the only modifications, rust free body, and a recent re-spray.

yeah, i would love a C10 too.. but chances of finding one in australia is pretty slim.. i guess it is similar to the probs the yanks have.. if you want one you have to find one and import it.. i would n't like to think how much that would cost for a std hardtop..

You could probably get a feel for the shipping charges by talking the the guys thaat import the R33s into OZ. But you're right, FINDING the car is the difficult part. It took me over a year to get mine.

Geez 'Drew! I didn't mean to "hide my light under a bushel":laugh:

Jim.

HA ha it's good to know they're out there somewhere in Australia, I must admit I'm very jealous. What would you sell it for if you actually wanted to sell it?

That one in the link for 30k seems to back up what your saying about them being hacked up Miles. Although a hacked up, rusty C10 at the moment would look right at home next to my C110 LOL

On another note, the GTS-T R34's are getting quite cheap these days, I'd have to think long and hard about dropping 30k on a C10 instead of one of those beasties.

I'm getting a friend to bring down an industrial sandblaster this weekend and I'm hiring out a diesel powered trailer generator to run it, I'm hoping to blast the whole body and spray it in one weekend with the help of two mates.

I'll post pic's of how it goes.

Also A friend has found A C110 Coupe at a wreckers in Newcastle NSW that has a roll cage fitted to it. I'm trying to get him to go and take photo's of it but no luck so far. I'll keep at him.

That one in the link for 30k seems to back up what your saying about them being hacked up Miles. Although a hacked up, rusty C10 at the moment would look right at home next to my C110 LOL

For 30k, it's not worth it. The body mods are not period correct. The interior is not in line with the body mods. The engine looks like a good one, but who knows what's been done to it. I hate to admit it, but this car looks more like a bosozoku car . . . . . .

I totally agree Miles, it looks well thrashed. Someone has had a lot of fun in it.

I'd drop 25k on a really nice one if I had the spare cash ROFL

I did like the standard brake booster on it, you'd think they'd upgrade that being a race shop and all. I didn't like my brakes on the K, they would fade and weren't very good at stopping the car at all. That booster is so small I swear it takes power away from the brakes.

yeah that C-Red one certainly isn't worth $30k! or if it is Jims is worth over $100k :)

i am upgrading my booster to a 10" with a 1" Master Cylinder out of a DR30 skyline...

i do have brand new (apparently reco'd, but there are no bore marks and it looks new!, i only assume it is reco'd as the box says so, but it could be just a different box) 15/16" M/C if anyone is interested.. apparently they are rare and hard to get (SWR was very surprised i got one!).. not cheap though

It would certainly make pedal feel better.. although it has the outlets on the left instead of the right, so the brake lines may need to be carefully bent around to the other side to make it fit (no biggy though).