IGNORED

240Z prices are dropping.

ozlime240z

Hi Mike

Good question as I have been pondering this for some time myself.

It is really difficult to objectively answer this query given the small turnover of 240Z's in Australia. One of the things I would need to make a valid judgement on your question would be the ability to compare the sale prices of vehicles of similar vintage and condition.

From a Western Australian point of view I do not see many 240Z's lasting long in the market place and it seems that few of the better buys even make the general market place. I know two WA owners who recently bought their $10,000+ 2 seaters sight unseen from the east because of the lack of suitable cars in this State.

My subjective observation is that people are asking more for their cars and that most of the 240Z's that are sold on ebay require some serious work to be done on them.

A thread with recent ebay listings and results can be found at :

http://www.wazregister.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=110

There are plenty of 2+2's listed but comparatively few 240Z's. There have been some 240Z's that have sold for what I thought were good buying prices but I have never seen the vehicles so I would not know their real value.

The Eastern States have more activity in the advertising, buying and selling of 240Z's and a better opinion on your query will probably come from there.

Regards

Prices going down - right.... Here in melbourne they seem to be going up for any classic Z - even 260 2+2. 240 are very rare as you would no doubt know so prices just keep growin and i dont see them stopping. A few years ago i heard of people getting unrestored 240z for $500 or less... nowadays you are lucky to find one for $2000 - in the same rusted/thrashed condition. But I still think these cars are worth a lot more.

Hello, Personally I think there going up. although it depends on the seller and the condition of the car. I bought a 240z about 6 months ago and was the

213th car built with turbo etc for $900. If this car were to go on ebay I reckon i could have got 2000.00+.But at the end of the day people i talk to that thought they were just old dattos, are even now saying their getting hard to get and are going up in price.

Curtis

70 model,matching numbers,straight,little rust,complete

last rego 91. number l24 018178 12\70 00212 on ebay now [mine,for now]

no link,just search 240z.

a few on there now at similiar price.

All the guys I know in the area of custom paint and car builds are absolutely flat out.The common opinion i come across is that an ever increasing number of cashed up individuals would rather invest in an appreciating,interesting older car rather than a 50k commodore with similiar performance.

not hard to relate to.