IGNORED

an e-bay collection, and other madness

zbane

It's a shame that there are so few Z owners over here - I'd call a few people and arrange a group buy. I see so many parts cars out there on eBay, and I can't get any of them, just because they're so far. I've only seen one American 240Z at the German eBay, but the price was just too high for a car in such bad condition (it cost more than the 5 in the American auction). I'm just wondering, how many of the original 240Z's are still running? Looks like they're likely to become scarce soon...

I'd be surprised if the lot of 5 sells. The buyer would need to be relatively local, have someplace to put them, have access to a trailer/flatbed, and be willing to buy a bunch of unknown cars. Might be a good way to start a small Z recycling business, but it's probably going to be a tough sell.

There's parts on them I'd like to have though, so if anyone here takes them on, let me know.

Heck, I'd be on them in a flash if I didn't want to stay married...Bringing home one z? that's survivable... Bringing home five more? I would be single before I even left to go get them.
I took enough grief on the second one, even knowing that it'll be hauled off and crushed when I'm done with it. Five? Not a chance.

but how do you hide five more Zs from the wife?

LOL LOL Luckily I've got space in a barn a friend of mine has on his property.

After 19 years she's forgotten what all I have stored there. :devious:

Besides all my Z parts and three Z cars, there's an old Mini Cooper, a 57 Chevy Bel Air and a 72 Cutlass Supreme Convertible.

I'd love to buy those 5 Z's but that's a long trip and a LOT of gas. I'd love to have the lot just for the wheels on this one.

Chris A.

post-5906-14150798283287_thumb.jpg

I'd love to buy those 5 Z's but that's a long trip and a LOT of gas. I'd love to have the lot just for the wheels on this one.
Yeah, wheels are one of the things I'd want most off those cars, the ones on the blue car are great.

While we're talking eBay and wheels, get a load of this one - those things were garbage when I (reluctantly) sold them back in the late 70's and early '80s!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RIMS-CHROME-WIRE-BASKET-14-DATSUN-240Z-260Z-280Z_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ140748QQihZ008QQitemZ180020890049QQrdZ1

the ones on the blue car are great.

I once pestered a guy for two years to sell me a set of those wheels like on the blue car. He had them on a junker 280 in his back yard. He'd wouldnt sell because "he was gonna fix it up". I offered him $200 bucks for them even. Awhile after, I noticed the car was gone, so I asked him where the car was, he said he'd had it hauled off for scrap. $85 bucks if I recall. :stupid:

Chris A.

While we're talking eBay and wheels, get a load of this one - those things were garbage when I (reluctantly) sold them back in the late 70's and early '80s!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RIMS-CHROME-WIRE-BASKET-14-DATSUN-240Z-260Z-280Z_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ140748QQihZ008QQitemZ180020890049QQrdZ1

They look like that type that are the famous "Mr K" yellow Z.

• 4 weeks later...

They dont suit Z's at all. 1950's british cars maybe, but not Z's.