IGNORED

240Z Paint Feedback

BD240Z

Sorry to point it out, but there IS a fix for you.

The main reason to point it out was that you need to address the bare metal and/or original paint (if any) underneath that area. Since it will be behind the fender AND the support, you won't notice any problems until they are MAJOR problems.

Also, since the area is out of sight, the type of repair you do can be very localized and nobody would be the wiser now or even later when disassembled.

You've done a very nice job getting rid of the rust, don't let it hide in a small spot.

2¢

E

From bad experience, I say some sort of undercoating.

On my way home from my fisrt real road trip, at some point the front left tire must have thrown a rock up. I stopped for lunch and the paint was chipped from a dent from the underside. I built the car to drive but almost cried in McDonald's parking lot.

I had really wanted to use truck bed liner in all the finder wells and underneath but the paint shop talked me out of it.

So, now that it runs take over and get it done. Or like several guys on the site have done is do it yourself. Too much time and effort goes into one of these to not do something like that if it is really bothering you.