IGNORED

V8 Sounding Z

24OZ

If you are going to put a header on, I would suggest a 2 1/2 inch exhaust and a turbo muffler. I had the twice pipes on a stock manifold and they did get a bit too loud. I think with a header they would even be louder.

You shouldn't have to do anything to the engine with just a header and better exhaust. Only thing might be to put a K&N air filter in it, so that it will breathe a bit easier. You'll be "passing gas" better with the header and exhaust, so it stands to reason you should try to increase the amount of air into the engine.

The FI should compensate for the mods on it's own, better than carbs at least where you might have to change the mixture to compensate for the leaner combustion caused by a larger volume of air passing through the engine. More air with the same amount of fuel would lean it out, so with the FI you should have "No worries, Mate"

Hi George,

In one of my garages - just about ten miles from your home - I have a good used tubular 6-branch exhaust manifold and a 2.5 inch exhaust system with single "Turbo" muffler. The exhaust manifold is in great condition ( it has been "hot metal sprayed" for longevity ) and the exhaust system was only about 6 months old when it came off the car. It would be a cinch to fit to your car and it would make it sound a whole lot better than stock too. You will probably notice a small power and torque increase over the stock manifold and system.

Give me a call if you are interested.

All the best,

Alan ( HS30-H )