IGNORED

Z etiquette

zbane

Thank you Dewayne, you show us that there is still hope for the newer gen Z owners.

I agree with the idea that so many people do not know (care) about the history of their rides. My father restored MGs when I was a kid, I helped as much as I could, so the curse of classic car ownership (caretaking) has been in my blood for some time. In fact, the day I picked up my ZX, I called my dad in Syracuse to inform him that it was ALL his fault. I blamed him for instilling both automotive taste/respect and thirst for automotive history. Would I have it any other way? No.

I think we can blame some of this mess on the automotive industry. Every day, model after model roll out, each one less individual than the previous.

Is it right that the outline of a Chrysler Sebring, Jaguar XK and Ford Taurus are damn near identical? Hell No. But it's happening. As such, the visual connection between models has diminished, if not completely dissapeared and therefore, it is more than possible that the owner of "X" has no idea that "T" is their automotive predessesor. Consider the forthcoming Skyline GTR destined for the US-besides the name, what similarities are there between it and those from the '70s? What differences are there between it and the Lexuses (is the plural Lexi? It should be), Acuras, Pontiacs, etc.?

Just a rambling thought.

david