IGNORED

JDM 4 Barrel Carb & Manifold

moonpup

Thanks Alan, I read you LOUD and clear. LOL

Now I'm wondering about the E32 mark on the manifold. It is my understanding, at least here in the U.S., that parts with the "E" code (xxxxx-E4100, E31 etc.) were made for the 240Z.

So my new question is was this manifold made for the S30 as some kind of "accessory/performance" part or were "E" parts made for other vehicles?

I'm pretty sure "E" marked parts were use on other vehicles as well. This may have been off one of the roadsters or something. Not an original Z part, but the guy believes it to be a sedan part. What other vehicles in the early 70's did Nissan put out with the L6? All I know of are the Z's. The 510's I thought had a 4? Could eb wrong. This would be interesting to get details on.

E32 = Showa 45 ( that's 1970 ) 'H130' series Nissan Cedric part ID.

Didn't someone on this forum once post a question ( with pics ) asking about one of these carb / manifold setups that they found installed on a Z? Maybe it was a couple of years back.

But it wasn't FACTORY .......

:-)

I think it may have been one of my posts.

I came across a zed once at Pick-a-Part with this combination and concluded that it was from a 260C.

Not meaning to be picky, however the manifold was factory produced and used on the L26 in the Cedric, it just wasn't used in the HS-30/RS30!

(I believe this is what you meant, just goes to show that people read meanings into statements in different ways)!

I'm not in a postion to check my references at the moment, but some of the guys here maybe able to check this;

In 1965~ Prince Motor Company produced a 2.5 litre OHC 6 called the G11. (Very similar to the 2litre G7)This went into the S44 Gloria (B250 under Nissan). This used a 4BBL Hitachi as original equipment. Could this manifold be from one of these motors? I realise it would be an odd thing to make it's way to America, but these odd things do happen.

Here's another off topic question for ya; Why is " four Barrel " universally represented as "4BBL"? Only 1 B in Barrel! My guess is the four holes in BB resemble a four barrel footprint...maybe?

• 3 years later...

I've owned and played with Cedrics for a long time and, no, that E32 doesn't belong to them. :finger:

The E32 4 barrel manifold belongs to the JDM only Nissan PA30 Gloria of the late sixties. It was used on their 2 litre (L20A) engines.

Tiny, tiny primary barrels measure 26mm's. Secondaries are 30mm's. Runners are 30mm's to match perfectly the E30 and Y70 heads they're fitted to. (The pictures from the above post look to me like the manifold mount for the carb are ported out and not original size).

I just bought one from Ebay. Totally original and that's the way I'm going to keep it. Lucky too is the fact that a Clifford 6=8 intake manifold adapter fits perfectly so I can run my Holley on it. The E32 is a little oxidized but nothing a sandblast can't fix ;)

Edited by ozconnection

I've owned and played with Cedrics for a long time and, no, that E32 doesn't belong to them. :finger:

The E32 4 barrel manifold belongs to the JDM only Nissan PA30 Gloria of the late sixties. It was used on their 2 litre (L20A) engines.

According to Nissan's own data, the 'E32' code does relate to engine parts for a variant of the Cedric. I'm not saying that it doesn't relate to some of the Glorias too, as they are so closely related - but when I went looking to try to find an answer to the original question ( three years ago now ) the first thing I saw was 130-series Ceddy related.....

How about one of the versions of the 'Cedric Special Six'?

According to Nissan's own data, the 'E32' code does relate to engine parts for a variant of the Cedric. I'm not saying that it doesn't relate to some of the Glorias too, as they are so closely related - but when I went looking to try to find an answer to the original question ( three years ago now ) the first thing I saw was 130-series Ceddy related.....

How about one of the versions of the 'Cedric Special Six'?

Yes, very interesting. I know that the Cedric Special Six had an early style L20 engine and ran twin Su type carbs! Unfortunately, no mention of the E32 manifold in the Factory Service Bulletins (1966 Cedric 130 series Vol. 59)

You're right about the "E" designations, take a look at the intake manifold for the later 230 series Cedrics that ran the E30 candilabra style intake.

Gloria's are often much more highly spec'ed than Cedrics, especially the 230 and 330 series cars. I wonder if this applies to the Cedric P130/Gloria PA30 series cars as well? :rolleyes:

Had the manifold bead blasted today. A work of art now....as soon as I can, I'll download a few more pictures. :cool:

Cheers :beer:

snip

snip

Hey Mark, can you back this up with some pics or other reference? I'm curious/interested in the Glorias of this era and the 4 barrel reference intrigues me!

I've given my Prince Gloria manuals and parts books to someone who can actually use them so I've lost my own reference to the S44 G11 pics.

Edited by g72s20
oops!