IGNORED

240K coupe on ebay

vdp

If you need any advice on importing a car to the USA, head on over to

www.nicoclub.com and find out the name of the company that imported

Dr. Rex Birkmire's (aka speedoctor ) csp311 Silvia form Japan to the USA.

I found thier website once, and they have imported lots of cars to the USA for people, mostly from Japan, but they might be able to help you, or give you some usefull advice.

Brian, I will have a chat to Alex tomorrow for you. Personally I don't think he would settle outside of and before the Auction ended. I think he wants as much as he can get.

He runs an import business though E-Bay and has a container full of stock coming into Australia. The money is needed for this. He was planning to keep the 240K and store it for some years as he is a Datsun/Nissan fan. But needs the money now. He is also selling his 33 GTR for the cause.

As for helping with storage and shipping, I'm sure us Sydney siders could arrange something. I now somewhere I could possible place the car and im might have some room at his place. I'm sure something could be done.

Thanks guys. I won't have any problems on this end. I have imported 3 cars already from Japan. I have just not had to set up shipping before though. And I'm sure that Australia is a bit different too. I can understand him wanting to get what he can for it. I will bid near the end and hope that it does not get out of hand. I will definately be looking for a bit of help if I get the car.

Brian

Well, the guy pulled the auction. I'm interested to find out what happens from here. I was perfectly willing to pay the $4k aud. I wonder if he thinks he can get more. I'm not too happy about following the auction this long just to have it pulled though. Kind of a waste of time. I guess we'll see what happens.

Brian

Bloody Hell, The auction has been pulled and there is a "buy now" price of $12000 for the next 12 hours. WTF. Alex (the seller, who is reading this forum) What are you doing? That is twice this car has never completed an ebay auction.

just report him to ebay.. that is BS.

he should look at putting it on a ship and sending it to antarctica... i heard from a very reliable source that the penguins there will pay more than AU$200,000 for a good condition 240K!

He's got a perfectly defendable reason (excuse) for pulling the auction.

"The seller ended this listing early because of an error in the minimum bid or reserve amount."

Well, I hope he enjoys the car, because I don't think there will be any more interest from the folks here.