IGNORED

Starting to look for a 240 Z

Msnowdon

Hello,

My first car was a 240 Z, and the time has come to put one back in the stable.

Where do you recommend that I look. I have a pretty good idea to look for rust, and no that no 240 Z is 100% rust free.

What is a nice clean weekend garage queen going to cost me?

Any good Z shops in Orange County, CA?

Thanks

Michael

Take your wallet brother! If you want one already done it's gonna be pricey! These cars are getting really popular again.

My brother is a professor at a University in Osaka in Japan and he recently sent me an article where wealthy japanese men were buying 240's in the states and having them shipped to Japan to be restored. They like them "A" because they are japanese and "B" because they are relatively easy to work on.

Hope you find a gem though.

Originally posted by: lonetreesteve

You are in probably the best place (SoCal) in the US to find a rust-free 240Z (or close-to rust-free). There are tons of them out there! Just keep checking Ebay or your local newspapers.

Don't forget craigslist.

I just decided last night that I am going to sell my 71 240Z. I purchased it in June 2002 and have not made any progress other than gathering parts and I have many ~5 more years of other projects ahead of me. I do not have any recent photos but if you are interested IM me and I will get some new photos up. You can see photos of her when I got her home in 2002 and replaced the struts and did the brakes so she was ok to drive.

Below is a list of what I have for her:

1. New factory dash

2. Mazda Maita seats (Used)

3. Urethane air dam (used)

4. Fiberglass "duck tail" spoiler (new)

5. Slotted dish mags. (used)

6. Working glove box door (used)

7. Rear hatch shock (used)

8. Head light covers (new)

I live ~30 min east of Sacramento California.

Only bad rust that I know of is just in front of the rear wheels.

I am willing to sell the car with the parts or just the car and parts to anyone that is intrested.

Hello,

and no that no 240 Z is 100% rust free.

What is a nice clean weekend garage queen going to cost me?

Thanks

Michael

A 240 garage queen as you ask , you are looking at $10K on up . If you are looking for a series 1 all origional add another 8K STICKER SHOCK IS A BITCH. In the last 4 yrs or so things have changed drasticly.:rambo:

Don't forget craigslist.

For Southern California, "cars.com" is even more useful (more listings -- variety of sources drawn on, including classified ads). Go to "Buy Used Cars" / "1982 and earlier" and click in your model, range of years, and location preferences.

Steve.

I just got a 73 240 Z. It has a great motor and drive train but the body sat out at the coast and has the worst rust I have ever seen. I need a good Body. I was given 2 Nos fenders and light buckets. I need a tub or body no engine no trany. I live in Monterey. You are not to far a way. Will you sell just the car?

My '72 240 is a beauty and is for sale. I have a post about it here in Open Discussion pointing to the classified. It's also on ebay currently. My reserve is

$8500 and I'm on the east coast. This might not work for the original poster in this thread, bit it is a possibility for spdklz02. Take a look.