IGNORED

powdercoated my valve cover today

2003z

Enigma: He's inserted a link to the picuture on his website. Maybe your PDA can't display it, or it takes forever to load?

2003Z: What does something like that cost, without the green. Just polished aluminium accents on a black cover with nice clearcoat?

I'm not much into polishing, but if you could polish the accents first, it would run $60. $100 if I polish, plus shipping.

I'm not much into polishing, but if you could polish the accents first, it would run $60. $100 if I polish, plus shipping.

I'm not much into polishing either but I could ge it to where I want it before shipping it. I'll add this to my wish list and contact you when I have $$$

Mike, does the powdercoat cover the inside as well? Any problems with that?

for paying customers, I mask everything off so it doesn't get inside. Since this is mine, and its only cosmetic, as its not going to break down or anything, I didn't mask and probably got a little overspray in it. I am going to sand it off of the mating surfaces before install though.

for paying customers, I mask everything off so it doesn't get inside. Since this is mine, and its only cosmetic, as its not going to break down or anything, I didn't mask and probably got a little overspray in it. I am going to sand it off of the mating surfaces before install though.
SO if the exterior is beadblasted or dipped to remove the yellowed factory clear, can you simply powdercoat it in clear to approximate the factory finish?

SO if the exterior is beadblasted or dipped to remove the yellowed factory clear, can you simply powdercoat it in clear to approximate the factory finish?

Mine never had a clear on it, as far as I know. But yes, you can get it cleared in whatever gloss level you want. Flat, Semi, Satin, High or Mirror. There is even a blasted aluminum powder that can be applied first that looks like freshly blasted aluminum.

I think the best would be to polish it, then clear coat, but thats just me. I've never actually seen one in a fresh factory finish.