IGNORED

Ready to sell my 240.

ODannyBoy

Hello everyone,

I'm getting ready to put my 71 240 up for sale. I'm here for two reasons, one is to give people who really love these cars the knowledge that it exists. Second, I don't have a clue what it's worth. I'm hoping you'll let me know what you look for when purchasing a project car and point me in the right direction for pricing.

Here's some info on the car.

1971 240z

Original 6 cylinder.

Was a very strong engine when it was driven. Dual Webers. Was rebuilt once, but it was like 15 years ago so I'm just noting that someone was in the engine.

4 speed transmission

Orange with black stripes down low at the rocker panels, Black interior. Interior is in very good condition. Dash does have a cover but looks very nice. The car needs attention very soon. The body is all metal and in decent condition but a couple of spots of surface rust are starting to spread (1 on top of left fender, 1 on passenger door around the key hole, and 1 on the hatch lid) and I'll not be able to address it.

Short history,

My uncle purchased the car for a street rod 12 years ago. I said at that time although it was super sharp it wasn't a great car for a 16 year old who didn't know how to check oil. Several very minor problems (starter, alternator, etc.) really bothered him and

then he had some again minor problems getting the carbs synced up. He gave up and the car sat in his driveway for 5 years. I bought it and put a when I get time tag on it. I've never had the time and the money at the same time since and now it's sat in my driveway for 5 years.

Known problems,

There's a dead short in the harness someplace, (glove box maybe, light never goes off) that will go through a new battery

overnight. That shouldn't be the difficult to find. And the rear end was replaced in a pinch with a salvaged rear end and it's noisy, could be (probably) bad. Of course this on top of less than 500 miles in 10 years but it could be road worthy in a short

time and is an excellent car for restoration which was my intention. When it ran, it ran very, very good. This was a very strong super fast car that handled like it was on rails. The guy who had it (second owner) before my uncle built quit a machine.

It kills me to have to sell this car but someone has to show it some love soon or it will be lost, and I can't do it.

I don't know what it's worth and I'd love to get you more information and photos but I really don't know what you would be looking for so I'll answer questions and send photos on request.

Thanks for your time,

DannyBoy

odannyboy@fanatix.net