IGNORED

Flares on eBay Australia

g72s20

Dang they are big alright!

If anyone wants some ZG replica flares new,I am in the process of making some for my ZG replica,I was lucky enough to be lent some by Nzeder (cheers buddy).Im almost ready to run some sets off in the next week,after making a set for another member I can help anyone else out that wants some.

They will come in a black acrylic finish and will obviously need trimming and someone with a bit of skill to fit them flush,anchored with double-sided tape,urathane or screwed into place.

Anyone interested just PM me

Dang they are big alright!

If anyone wants some ZG replica flares new,I am in the process of making some for my ZG replica,I was lucky enough to be lent some by Nzeder (cheers buddy).Im almost ready to run some sets off in the next week,after making a set for another member I can help anyone else out that wants some.

They will come in a black acrylic finish and will obviously need trimming and someone with a bit of skill to fit them flush,anchored with double-sided tape,urathane or screwed into place.

Anyone interested just PM me

The original way to fit ZG flares is to use rivets.

I think drilling holes in the the body is the least of your worries guys. I've got some ZG flares on my car and I think if you want it to sit right at the rear you'll have to cut those rear quarters otherwise tyres will rub on the rear. The only other option is leave the car sitting relatively high on the rear and install heavy springs but I think that the car won't look as good as it potentially could.

post-3694-14150796911863_thumb.jpg

What's the point of installing flares if you don't cut up the fenders? The purpose of the fender flare is to cover a larger tire, and the correct installation requires that you make room for the larger tire, so that the suspension can go through its travel without the sharp edge of the fender cutting into the tread of the tire. The fender needs to be cut and the wheel well needs to be modified and welded back to the fender again because this is a major structural area of the car.

Not doing so is the equivalent of slapping on a hood scoop without cutting a hole in the hood, or running one of those dual exhausts that has the 2nd pipe attach after the muffler at a 90 degree angle, then run over to the other side of the car and stick out the back IMO.

Jmortensen,i have to disagree with you mate,its called "keeping it period".I Have a ZG replica going,not a track car or street ricer.

Also with Zeds as rare as rocking horse $^!# over here (especially the gs31 as i have) id be a mullet to go cutting and rolling lips and drilling holes....been there and done that too many times,as i will be putting it back to stock one day in the future.I appreciate the comments though guys,cheers.

I thought period correct would be to run something around 14x10 slicks on the ZG race cars, but admittedly I'm not that well versed, so maybe I'm off base. Did they run tires that fit under stock fenders on the ZG cars? What was the point of the flares then?

Good luck with your project.

I have no idea on the history of the ZG race cars,just that they look $^!# hot with the flares on em,if they be pueposefull or not in my case,since i have the Gnose,id be a fool to not put on the ZG flares....itd look like a cross between a citreon ds and a zed,so i was told.....cheeky bloody neighbours eh,LOL.

Cheers again for the info Jmortensen ;)

Good luck on your project also ;)

With 15x8" wheels and a fairly stiff suspension my rear guards did not have to be cut for ZG flares, the fronts did though. Avatar car is about as low as is practical to drive on the road too.

Yeh, those Ebay flares are big, who is up for 10" wheels to fill them out?

Did you cut your guards Sulio? I cant remember if I asked already on another forum.

I have'nt had a chance to cut them yet. The fronts are easy but there's a bit more messing about with the rear to ensure that you retain the structural integrity that part of the car is responsible for. I find I can still drive the car but if I hit a bump in the road at higher speeds it rubs on the rear. I'll definatley be cutting the rears though and probably go lower with the car then. I think it's a totally different direction as far as looks for the Z go, very aggresive, but as long as your happy with the look hey who cares. Having said that I've also got a second 240 that is stock as a rock with fresh red 2 pak like my modified Z and that one is almost finished.

Cheers

Sulio