IGNORED

Inspection Lid bumpers & rubbers ???

ZsRUSTIN

Hey Guys, I just had my '73 repainted back to the original Orange. I painted the fenders & doors and all of the other parts off the car.

My question is where do all the rubber pieces for the inspection lids go?

All the rubber was gone from the front of the car except the cowl piece.

I just want to do this right.

I have looked through the Gallery and cant seem to find a shot showing what I need.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks, Doug

I don't think the 240Z has the one on the edge of the radiator support. IIRC they don't even have the raised lip there where it would be on a 280Z. Many places will steam clean your engine and bay. Commercial/industrial cleaning businesses, auto detailers, etc. Look up steam cleaning in the phone book.

What kind of place steam cleans your engine & engine bay??

There's a guy in my area that has a mobile auto detailing business. I saw him one day at a local parking lot detailing some cars and took down his phone number. I called him a few months later and scheduled a home visit. I put my Z on jackstands, removed the wheels and he spent the better part of an hour and a half steam pressure washing my engine bay, wheel wells and undercarriage. I recall paying him about $70.00 for this labor.

He was using something like this:

Trailer-Hot-Water-Front-View.jpgNice toy to have for all kinds of cleaning jobs :)

The only inspection lid rubber that I have on my 72 is the rectangular piece, this goes on the flat area of the inspection lid that the main hood falls over, it actually is the only area wide enough for the piece of rubber.

I've never seen those rubber pieces that DatsunZGuy has circled...my car never had them when it had original paint...manuf 10/71. but they look like I should have them.

I don't think the 240Z has the one on the edge of the radiator support. IIRC they don't even have the raised lip there where it would be on a 280Z.

The 1973 Datsun 240-Z's had the raised lip and rubber seal on the front radiator core support.

FWIW,

Carl B.