IGNORED

240Z Parking Light upgrade harness's for Sale

Zs-ondabrain

Gary of Spokane, WA. If all goes well, I should be able to ship your harness out tomorrow.

Dave,

Thanks for the update. I just kind of stumbled over this as I was not previously subscribed to this thread.

Regarding the parking light harness, it is my intention to get a money order coming your way Tues 1/31 p.m or Wed 2/01. I like the 'plug and play' style of this latest design.

Regards, Gary S.

It's not totaly plug and play. You do have to mount the relay and run the power wire from the battery, thru the firewall, then thru the dash and into the relay socket. But I get your meaning. Glad you like the idea and design.

Dave.

P.S. To all those who either have or are getting the parking light harness, I forgot to mention that it's easier to plug the power wire's terminal into the relay socket if the relay is removed first.

PM on it's way.

Do you foresee any problems piggybacking the power wire to the headlight harness connection?

thanks

What would you piggy back the power for? Are you adding something?

Help me understand. Sorry bout the straight forward questions but Bryan Pilati is killing me with questions that my 8 year old daughter could answer.:tapemouth

Questions like this...

"I don't see where this is intended to improve the dash lights. It's for the marker/parking and tail lights.

Bryan Pilati

I'm never serious unless I should be.

Dave

Never mind, I was having a "Pilati" moment. Your talking about piggy backing the parking light harness's power wire onto the headlight harness's power wire.

Essencially, They both use the bolt on the batteries positive terminal. But keep this in mind, the PLH's fuse and wire go behind the battery and are almost unseen, where as the headlight harness's power wire goes towards the front of the car and runs along the battery wire that goes towards the battery, until you get to the frame, then it goes forward and into the relay pack on the V.R.

Hope that helps,

Dave.

(In reference to why the Dash Lights get Brighter...)

Explain it like this: Ever seen that joke they act out on TV, where they go flush the toilet when someone's in the shower to see if they actually ARE in there, and you hear a yell? That's the same thing.

LOLROFL

E

Dave, I think mlc240z might be meaning that the power wire for each of the two harnesses connects to the + terminal of the battery. (If I'm reading everything correctly)

I agree. That's where the "difficulty" comes in.

I've always been told to only put ONE Spade connection in between every PAIR of washers when working with electrical connections. Putting two connectors directly one on top of the other is a prescription for problems, ESPECIALLY if one doesn't separate them via washers...OR...use Washer Connectors. (If my terminology isn't precise, please correct me.) This is because the nut / bolt cannot compress evenly around it's circumference and the result is that one or both connectors are compressed OUT of the connection. When dealing with electricity....this is another term for "FUSE".

There is yet another solution, use a replacement NEGATIVE Battery Post Cable connector instead of the POSITIVE Battery Post Cable Connector. The difference? The REPLACEMENT part (available at your local parts house) will a LOT of times already have a smaller (8-12ga) wire crimped (or molded) into the battery clamp. You can then use standard wiring connectors to crimp several lighter gage wires in to the larger gage cable connection.

Remember with a strong predominance of Negatively GROUNDED vehicles operating, a replacement part from the parts house will usually have the wire for that connection. The Positive cable connector usually won't as most connections are the "plug into your fuse box" variety.

This type of connection that you are making with this or the other relay is to provide an ADDITIONAL circuit NOT dependent on the original fuse box. That original fuse box is half the reason for needing this harness, the other half? The combination switch.

This is the total beauty of Dave's system, it incorporates, in a seamless and restoreable fashion, the ADDITION of a circuit to the older system that actually IMPROVES the function of the older circuit.

E¢

Sorry guys, U.P.S. is now officially on my sh_t list. I wont get the parts I needed to finish your harness's till wednesday. Which means I'll be able to finish them that night and get them out the door on thursday.

...snip...

Hey Dave,

I understand your effort towards customer service, and I appreciate it, but really, no worries!

BR