IGNORED

Hook for shoulder belt - where?

SteveInOakland

There's a pair of vinyl-covered hooks for the 240Z shoulder belts to rest in. Goes over part of the plastic panel for the quarter-window, I believe. Which hole does it go in? The lowest, closest to front of car? What sort of screw/finish washer etc. arrangement?

Thanks for any info,

Steve.

What concerns me about your question, Steve, is that you say vinyl covered. The hooks in the picture matria posted are solid plastic. Vinyl covered what? Take a look a the picture to see if your hooks are the same size and shape.

If not....

Smaller, vinyl covered metal shoulder strap hooks screw to the side of the seat with a chrome screw. This would appear on cars built prior to 8/70. I'm looking for this type of hook for my cars.

Chris

Smaller, vinyl covered metal shoulder strap hooks screw to the side of the seat with a chrome screw. This would appear on cars built prior to 8/70. I'm looking for this type of hook for my cars.

Chris

If you find any, and have 2 extra, let me know!

Chris, are you sure about the 8/70 cutoff date for the seat mounted hooks? Or was there more than one style of seat mounted hook? Because the seats in my 10/70 car have hooks on the seat backs too.

My bad, the hook is all plastic. Should have rechecked before posting I guess.

Matria, very helpful photo, thanks. What color is your interior btw? Contrast w/ rivets looks nice; although maybe the panels just look lighter on account of the flash...

Code3, stop by anytime if you feel like it, although I think this problem is solved. But maybe we can help each other out with parts, etc. I'm just north of the Grand Ave. and Lakeshore exits from 580. Send a PM if you feel like it.

Appreciate the info, gents.

Steve.

Matria, very helpful photo, thanks. What color is your interior btw? Contrast w/ rivets looks nice; although maybe the panels just look lighter on account of the flash...

Uh, that's actually my interior. The carpet, headliner, and seat covers are "silver gray" from Too Intense:

http://www.toointenserestoration.0catch.com/

The door panel vinyl, pillar vinyl, and plastic panels in the hatch area were all dyed with SEM Medium Gray #15393.

The dashboard was restored by http://www.dashboardrestorations.com.au/ and they used a small scrap of the seat cover vinyl to match the dash color.

Here's a better shot in my gallery:

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=11942&cat=500&ppuser=3294

You're correct, the flash does throw it off a bit.

Chris

Hi Chris,

I think the very early cars came with the vinyl covered metal sholder strap hooks attached to the side of the seats. Sometime around 2/70 Nissan switched to plastic hooks, still attacked to the side of the seats. Then it must have been 8/70 that they went to the plastic hooks attached to the interior B pillar.

Steve M.

Hi Chris,

I think the very early cars came with the vinyl covered metal sholder strap hooks attached to the side of the seats. Sometime around 2/70 Nissan switched to plastic hooks, still attacked to the side of the seats. Then it must have been 8/70 that they went to the plastic hooks attached to the interior B pillar.

Steve M.

Gonna have to look at that this weekend, but from memory, the hooks in my 10/70 car are:

a.) on the seat, not the B pillar; and

b.) vinyl-covered metal, not plastic.

I'm pretty certain my seats are original, but I'll try to look for a date code on them (if any) to be sure.