IGNORED

Read This 1st Plz

Before you spend money on triples, you will need to address the rest of the engine to make the triples worth the trouble.

You are going to have to upgrade the ignition, put on a header and a good free flowing exhaust, and get a better cam than the stock one. They will work on a bone stock engine, but you will not see any benefit from them till you modify the engine to use the carbs you decide on. Then when you decide on the engine mods, you may want to look into a rear gear change to use the powerband of the engine based on the modifications you made.

Bolting on a set of triple carbs won't help much at all until you address the complete package.

if you were going to use the dell orto 40mm carbs on your engine. if you keep the current 2.4 block i would at least bore the block .20 over, for the head if you have the E31 head. 44.. intake 35 mm exhuast, complete valve job, port polish, i had the 480 lift 274 duration cam, it worked well but if i were you and your looking for power, id go wiht and i should have gone with the 460 lift 270/280 duration cam.

replace the 4 speed with a 5 speed, and at lest a 3.90 rear. 6 into 1 headers are great for torque. at the lower end.

if your going to do the head you might as well do the block or go with a 2.8 block your choice. upgrade your ignition system. and so on.

just if you want the power from such a engine combo remember your gas is not going far. thats why im selling my stuff to go turbo.

i look with my built E88 head and a F54 2.8 block id be just at 10;1, i was going to use my dell ortos but the cost would be more them im willing to go when i can easily get more boost.

good luck with whatever you decide

james

hey i wanna buy the carbs but do they have all nessesary mounting parts for it and the intake for it so i can just bolt it right onto my engine and start getting it in-tune?

if so ill take them along with the gas tank and which way would you like to be paid?

Before you spend money on triples, you will need to address the rest of the engine to make the triples worth the trouble.

You are going to have to upgrade the ignition, put on a header and a good free flowing exhaust, and get a better cam than the stock one. They will work on a bone stock engine, but you will not see any benefit from them till you modify the engine to use the carbs you decide on. Then when you decide on the engine mods, you may want to look into a rear gear change to use the powerband of the engine based on the modifications you made.

Bolting on a set of triple carbs won't help much at all until you address the complete package.