OK....I'm slow....somebody explain this. - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

OK....I'm slow....somebody explain this.

Featured Replies

Yeah, that's the Chassis and Body manual. I believe the engine was covered in a separate book.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

That is a published in Japan, November 1969 chassis service manual for the American import 240Z. Probably the first publication from everything I know about them. It is quite rare, as you can imagine, quite unique (very much unlike subsequent publications) and like many rare collectable books, the seller thinks it is worth a lot of money. What other explanation did you have in mind?

  • Author
and like many rare collectable books, the seller thinks it is worth a lot of money.

I think that line explains it all. I have some one of a kind rocks in my backyard.

Hey....I know the person can ask what they want, I just found it a little steep.

I guess every body decided to go MSA and get the manuals for 78.00.

Bidding has ended on it. I wonder if the seller will relist it, and if so, for how much.

Ya'll gotta understand... Some one of these days I'm gonna have Her Majesty the 26th and Princess 27 sitting there in a car show all looking beatimous and stunning. You're gonna walk up and say; "nice cars but do you have the original service manuals from those years?" And if I couldn't wip them out to show you, how would you know that I restored the cars in the most correctest manner? You would prolly think I'm some slacker or something! Prolly chuckle under your breath...(this poor bastard hasn't a clue....)

You see, to some people owning this particular manual is very important and I can actually point to something peculiar about the early engines that I wouldn't know without one of these early books. I have to admit that I think the asking price was shattering. I'm so glad I have mine.

At half the asking price he'd have got bids. And may have gotten more than one person to bid and it may have made it up to his price anyway. I can see where it would be desirable to some people. Me? I'll be happy with a reprint, thank you very much.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.