OK....I'm slow....somebody explain this. - Page 2 - Open Discussions - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

OK....I'm slow....somebody explain this.

Featured Replies

  • Author
And if I couldn't wip them out to show you, how would you know that I restored the cars in the most correctest manner? You would prolly think I'm some slacker or something! Prolly chuckle under your breath...(this poor bastard hasn't a clue....).

Baah! People like that probably exist.......glad I don't know any personally. Really meant nothing by the post, it was actually more of an act of boredom. I own both shop manuals for the 72, and since the previous owner included them with the car, I was oblivious to the price they bring now. Still, the opening price on this auction made me smile. I thought it was steep, but hey.....could be the tax bracket I inhabit. Was it W.C. Fields that had the sucker quote? Just can't figure

out why Golden Palace didn't snatch it up. Would have looked good beside the Jesus toast.

Zthing , you have to understand that really early ''anything'' to do with z cars is expensive ! Your car and manuals are nothing compared to these items and the people that bid to win them . $200.00 for a small plastic clip for the inspection lid is a small pittance to those who think they really need it . Your '72 is worth little , and geez the manuals for it are toilet paper ! Seriously , Merry Christmas etc. :)

Was it W.C. Fields that had the sucker quote? Just can't figure

out why Golden Palace didn't snatch it up. Would have looked good beside the Jesus toast.

Believe the quote was from P.T. Barnum of Barnum & Bailey Circus fame. Good point about the Golden Palace tho.

  • Author

Barnum it was! Hope everyone has a great holiday. I am off to wipe with my manuals now. Should enhance the value. Take care all.

Barnum it was! Hope everyone has a great holiday. I am off to wipe with my manuals now. Should enhance the value. Take care all.

Barnum it wasn't! It was said by poor old Mr. David Hannum who never gets proper credit for his statement.

SO, with apologies to Paul Harvey, HERE'S the rest of the story.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.