IGNORED

Factory service manual

imhoppy

Most of you guys probally have a F.S.M.Already.But for those who dont if your planning on doing your own wrenching on your Z you HAVE to get one.I was able to pick one up off ebay for $27.00.Im almost done with my restoration and i wish i had it months ago.I have 2 chiltons,a clymer,Haynes,How to modify your ZHow to restore your Z,And even one buy some guy named Peter Russek?

Wick Humbles book is handy for tips and for some kind of sequence in the restoration,The modify book is good for racing.But for my money all of them put together cant hold a wrench next to the one from the engineers who designed the car.Its gettin cold out i think i just found some good kindling for the fire :devious:

Happy Holidays Mike

I have been trying to find one for about a month on a 70Z with no success. If anyone has information I would be grateful.

According to Z Car Creations (http://www.zcarcreations.com/cdman/cdman.htm), the 70 FSM should be available on CD. However, the Courtesy Nissan site (http://www.courtesyparts.com/secondtier_s30.html) does not list it. You may try contacting both of them.

The 1970 service manual was split into two books - the chassis manual and the engine manual. I don't have any spare engine manuals - just the chassis. They were combined in 1971. The yellow '70 manual is in VG condition - clean. The '71 manual is virtually brand new. $40 for the '70 - $50 for the '71. PM me.

Chris

post-4148-14150796375802_thumb.jpg

post-4148-14150796375938_thumb.jpg

a '71 for $50? if I were u onuthin I would jump on that, he is giving you a deal and a half. Considering that it will be very similar to the '70 in many respects and it is all consolidated into one manual. 26th is being generous

When I was purchasing an FSM it took me a little while to decide wether I would rather have a book or a cd. They both have their respected advantages and disadvantages. I ended up choosing a book.

The book I got was a reprint so I did not feel bad getting it all greasy, but it was always at my fingertips when I needed it. But I did not get a cd because eachtime I needed to go read something off the FSM I would have to wash the grease off my hands and take off my shoes (dirty garage floor) because in the past I have made big black spot on the carpet. Or I would have to get grease on the mouse, keyboard and carpet. This was just my decision, different setups are best for cd/book, to each his own!

When I was purchasing an FSM it took me a little while to decide wether I would rather have a book or a cd. They both have their respected advantages and disadvantages. I ended up choosing a book.

The book I got was a reprint so I did not feel bad getting it all greasy, but it was always at my fingertips when I needed it. But I did not get a cd because eachtime I needed to go read something off the FSM I would have to wash the grease off my hands and take off my shoes (dirty garage floor) because in the past I have made big black spot on the carpet. Or I would have to get grease on the mouse, keyboard and carpet. This was just my decision, different setups are best for cd/book, to each his own!

What's wrong with printing the pages from a CD, putting them into page protectors, and wiping the page protectors clean when they get greasy? That way you can read the pages again the next time.