What do I do to clean the block? - Page 2 - Engine & Drivetrain - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

What do I do to clean the block?

Featured Replies

Movrovia CA? I've got some friends there...

Sorry my location is actually Nebraska. The location it shows I'm at is courtesy of another "member" of this site.

Chris A.

Lonely in Moronville!

Just my $.02 but it looks in your first post that you want to clean the piston tops as well. My vote there is to leave them as they are, you've little to gain cleaning them and too great of a chance of crud getting between the piston and piston wall that you won't be able to get out, and it would be a sad day if you started it up with all that crud stuck there...

If the engine is out of the car EZ OFF oven cleaner does a great job. Use with caution as this stuff is BAD on the skin.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.