IGNORED

1st gen seats

NovaSS

You show two different hardware sets, Kats.  Which one do you think is most correct?  Black screws or plated screws?
I'll have to dig mine out but I think all mine were silver not black. The washers could have been cad plated but I don't think so.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Classic Zcar Club mobile

update: I located some thicker style washers and will recheck screw size when I get the washers. 

The washer is a m5 and looking at Kats pictures and the size of the seat guard holes, the screw looks like a #8 x 3/4. I used a 9/64 drill bit for the new holes.

Edited by nix240z
  • Like 1

Hi Chris! Good question, Mike is correct, 

The balck seat doesn’t have original , I just bought the screws and the washers in my town ( like a home depo ) . My blue seat has the originals, but the washer was plated , I like gold finish but it is not the original finish.

Here is an answer, you can see originals . The two really bad shape early seats have a silver screw and a silver washer. The detail can tell you they are not obtainable nowadays, the shape of the head of the screw is something different, and the washer looks a little bit thicker than currently available at a home depo .

And in March or April 1971 ? A set of new seat belts and hook were applied,I guess that time was a change of the seat too , the seat bottom would have lost the guards and , the seat back lost the hook which transferred to the body side interior trim .

And I assume the change of the seat back would be made at this point ,  “ fat seat back “ replaced by “ narrow ( slim ) seat back “ .

It is going to be interesting that everyone look into the seat bottom frame  , if you find the holes for the guard , is it March or April 1971 or later ? 

By the way , an early seat back has a hole for the seat belt hook , the hole can be seen both side right and left for the efficiency of the production. I will check my seat bottom frame if it has holes for the guard both left and right.

Kats

B20BD823-C4D4-42CC-B851-5E3E0DDD510F.jpeg

Edited by kats
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Kats and nix240z annd others,

What type of material (canvas, linen, duck cloth, etc.) was used for the light green material? This material appears in the photos that accompanies the the three (3) rubber straps.

Thanks,

Keith

Seat nix240z.jpg

Seat Kats #2.jpg

Seat Kats.jpg

15 hours ago, zed2 said:

Kats and nix240z annd others,

What type of material (canvas, linen, duck cloth, etc.) was used for the light green material? This material appears in the photos that accompanies the the three (3) rubber straps.

Thanks,

Keith

Seat nix240z.jpg

Seat Kats #2.jpg

Seat Kats.jpg

I visited the local fabric shop and purchased some ribbon that was close in width and color.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Keith , I was going to ask same thing to Steve  as I also want the light green cloth for my seat restoration . Great work Steve !

Here is a picture of the screws and washers for the plastic guard, they look special for me .

Kats

927DA053-5091-46DA-9887-A18A681A43A2.jpeg

500B6A30-0E2F-455B-A37D-F602AF72B736.jpeg

Edited by kats

I will have my blue seats re- trimed again , Mr. Sudo offered me that making my blue seats fat seat back , now they are appeared in slim type . Using an extra blue vinyl which he gave me is going to be wonderful. 

I think so too , my 03/70 car should  have a fat seat back. At that time ( in 2003 ) Mr.Sudo was not aware that because he just got an order from a car shop “ restoration of blue Datsun 240Zseats “ without knowing it is going to be installed for 03/70 car .

The black ones are  recently restored for my 01/70 Z432 , fat seat back . 

Kats

D1CF6E6D-C94A-4118-A6E3-8632A5DF2DE4.jpeg

7A6C071E-A89E-4642-980E-97E13ED70501.jpeg

FF6F6C60-CFAB-4AB2-A405-A838312063ED.jpeg

9E2C4682-4BF6-4A07-B8A2-FF4F8736F16F.jpeg

2 hours ago, kats said:

Hi Keith , I was going to ask same thing to Steve  as I also want the light green cloth for my seat restoration . Great work Steve !

Here is a picture of the screws and washers for the plastic guard, they look special for me .

Kats

927DA053-5091-46DA-9887-A18A681A43A2.jpeg

2 hours ago, kats said:

500B6A30-0E2F-455B-A37D-F602AF72B736.jpeg

Thanks Kats for pictures. I believe the washer in a M5 thick washer and a M5x16mm self tapping screw as seen in my pictures.

screw1.jpg

screw2.jpg

screw3.jpg

• Like 1

if you are interested in a set of seat guards please send me a email at orders@240zrubberparts.com . I am trying to get a count before I put the reproduction sets up for sale on the website.  .

I know they are not cheap and I was reluctant to take on this project because of the price.   I have invested a lot of time and money on this project.

sets are $200 plus $16.25 shipping USPS tracking and $200 insurance medium flat rate box.  

outside the country  shipping $72 USPS tracking and $200 insurance medium flat rate box.

• Like 1

On 1/3/2019 at 8:57 PM, kats said:

Kats

Kats,

I have obtained a sample of a light blue/green cloth.  Do you still have the original cloth on your seat bottoms to confirm the color match?  (If so, I would mail you a small sample for verification purposes.)

Keith

Seat strap protection cloth.jpeg

61677E2B-A726-43FA-AE71-A90D7E7CA2B6.jpeg

Edited by zed2
  • Like 1