IGNORED

SU Carb Oil - SAE20?

ddezso

I hav noticed that one of the SU carbs on my 1970 240Z is low on the oil that goes in the top. Every book I have read says you MUST put SAE 20 oil in there. I can't find that at any local auto store.

Is there an alternative or where would I find SAE20 oil?

I also cant tell exactly where the fill line is. What is the proper level in the carb?

Thanks........

I found some at the local parts store, apparently new Hondas are using it. 0w-20. It was kinda expensive because it's synthetic. I went back to 30wt since it's getting cold, my acceleration seems a little better now.

I'd previously been recommended (and used) sewing machine oil. I'm now using a machine oil - engine oil mixture and it's eleventy billion time better. Nice sharp throttle response. Now...I just can't remember the damn ratio!

Most Automatic Transmission Fluid is 20wt oil. And several people use it in the carbs. I do and have no problems. The fill line is on the shaft. Don't worry if you over fill. It will get sucked into the engine and burn off.