IGNORED

The best looking 240z period...

Hypertek

i thought it would be cool to post this since it is more "japanese tune influenced" as far as exterior.. its not another chitty titty looking US 240z..

there are tons of redneck tuned US styled Zs on here *ahem v8 swapped, viper wannabe/ferrari wannabe, 17x7 crap offset honda civic sized rims, zx style body kitted* cars.. which loose thier esence as a japanese sports car.

The dents on the hood can show that this car gets driven, not like the lil baby garage car some of you guys may have.

And stretched tires have been a part of racing history which have thier benefits for wheel/fender fitment as well as stiffer sidewall. http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/index2.htm

First off let me say that I like that car. It would look better with the correct size tires on the wheels, but I like flares, etc. But you're being rude Hypertek, without cause.

i thought it would be cool to post this since it is more "japanese tune influenced" as far as exterior.. its not another chitty titty looking US 240z..

No idea what that means.

there are tons of redneck tuned US styled Zs on here *ahem v8 swapped, viper wannabe/ferrari wannabe, 17x7 crap offset honda civic sized rims, zx style body kitted* cars.. which loose thier esence as a japanese sports car.

This paragraph serves no purpose other than to wizz people off.

The dents on the hood can show that this car gets driven, not like the lil baby garage car some of you guys may have.

So it's a good thing that he hits stuff with his car? Are you really saying that it's better to hit things with the front of your Z? I'm not much for garage queens either, but this statement is pretty out there.

And stretched tires have been a part of racing history which have thier benefits for wheel/fender fitment as well as stiffer sidewall. http://www.rs-watanabe.co.jp/index2.htm

Go to a racetrack and find me a REAL race car, not a drift car or some riced out "tuner" car that shows up for an open track day, but a real race car that has the wrong size tires on the rims. I've been to many a race track and NEVER seen it.

Hypertek, It is a bold statement to say the "best looking period" in your opinion...sure...but the first thing to expect on this site is everyone will disagree with you, because their vision is different than yours....

To defend your position is not worth while.

Glad you like the car you posted....thanks for sharing. Next time try a thread that says, "Hey check out this cool Z" and I think you will find that the opinions will be positive and not negative.

As far as I know the "stretched-tyre" look came from the drifting scene, where they wanted less traction. Less tyre = less traction, and it also disallows much sidewall movement, meaning the tyre's less likely to pop off. Note that this is not gospel, and I do not intend to present it as such! Just what I've come to believe.

Anyway, I kinda like the car. It looks like a weird amalgamation of different styles and tastes though. And what's with the colour? Is it primer with a coat of clear?? There was a thread recently called "What's your favourite Z?" - perhaps it would have been more at home as a reply in there! Though, knowing some of these guys you may have been ripped to shreds for bringing up an old topic :tapemouth

And finally, personally I can't say what my favourite 240Z (or any S30Z for that matter) is. There are so many different styles, that I'd have to pick a few! Don't think that one would be on the list, but that's just me :D

In my opinion the stretched tire look came from the tire shop that didn't have the right size to begin with(the counter person was from a clothing store-it'll ride up with wear...), and the store manager was of the opinion that sales people should "sell what we have-who cares if it what the customer needs."

Will

I thought I'd add to your point on the wrong size tires. A real race car wouldn't run low profile tires anyways. Tiny sidewalls = worst turning. F1 cars have HUGE sidewalls and they can turn like they're on rails.

Low profile tires do appear on race cars. Back when I had the Speed Channel I use to watch the European Touring Car Series (small 4 door sedans). They are regulated (or were at that time) to an overall tire diameter, so to use large brakes they had to use large diamter wheels which meant low profile tires. I do not know the tire measurements but they were very low profile, they looked like a 245/30 or near that. My autocross tires measure 264/36/15 (9x23x15) and they are not as low profile as many other racing tires out there. F1 is regulated, if it were not they would surely run larger diameter wheels with lower profile tires. The Z suspension does not do well with very low profile tires but other suspension types out there can utilize them with out having the car skip all over the place. Regardless of the tire profile, when a tire is streached like the ones in the picture the tire will not performe right. They look silly to me but they sure love it in Japan.

I prefer Ron's Z and Dave (Dreco's) 240z's myself.

However my favourite Z is the White ZG from Japan. San Sato? I think the owners name is. He has the best looking Z IMHO for a customised Z. I also really like Tod Kaneko's 240z for a non-flared Z. Both sport the L28 which to me is a big thumbs up.

In terms of race car replica's they are always a favourite of mine and again Ron great car I envy you.

There are plenty of nicer Zeds than this one although it is still a nice looking car.

Thanks Gav! I am flattered. If you get over to this continent, specifically Southern California... I'll take you out for a spin.

BTW...Who needs a 2.8 when you run a 2.4 at 12.5:1 compression, a big cam, mikunis and 110 octane fuel!

Nothing smells like race gas!