IGNORED

New Z Car book

Gee

No, but I'll have one anyway !

Wonder if it's updated the Z story or the same old copied drivel ?

Big Healey successor / Goertz / made for exporting / mimited competion history, limited to a bit on the SCCA and Samuri in the UK, and completely forgetting about the rest of the world except East Africa ?

Be nice if it has some more info on country specific models and options !

No, but I'll have one anyway !

Wonder if it's updated the Z story or the same old copied drivel ?

Big Healey successor / Goertz / made for exporting / mimited competion history, limited to a bit on the SCCA and Samuri in the UK, and completely forgetting about the rest of the world except East Africa ?

Be nice if it has some more info on country specific models and options !

Same old drivel, if its the same book I looked at last week when I was in the Pitstop Bookshop.

I opend the cover, and read that Goetz designed the 240z, so I put it back down again, didn't bother reading any further.

Well, I've bought one now - it'll go into the collection and end up as a prize in some best Z competition :-) !

There will be another new one out some time next year (in French) without the Goertz drivel, thanks to HS-30 !

And what's this I read about a Fairlady Z book coming out next February written in English by a Japanese who usually writes about the reproductive system ? I'm not kidding and wonder what the connection is :-) !

I am waiting on a book from a consecutive low-vin Member...

Money is put up, Interest is growing, weeding out the bookshelf for room underway(anything with Goertz Designed 240Z goes-is it wrong to dispose of incorrect information on ebay?).

Will

I believe that there is a little read (small print) ebay rule against spreading falsehood and then again the moral argument against selling said information to other Z owners - perpetual Goertzism would continue into yet another generation !

Don't do it, think of the calorific value of these books in your fireplace :-) !

I have already said I'd put some money up front for another member here to write a book with more than re-hashed trash in it, a book with un-discovered info or at the least, not widely known, a real book with real facts for real enthusiasts ! Go for it !

Yair, I've got a copy of the book.

If you can overlook the claim that Albrecht Goertz is responsible for the 240Z and that;

"Between his designs of the Datsun CSP311 and the 240Z, designer Albrecht Goertz was employed by Toyota where he penned the lines of the Toyota 2000GT. Fortunately for Datsun/Nissan, Toyota decided against volume production of the 2000GT, leaving the door open for their Japanese rivals to introduce the Z Cars", then you'll find quite a lot of information regarding the different models, their specs, reproductions of magazine articles refering to test drives etc.

It is still a good read with plenty of pics and rally info. (Having spent MONEY on the bloody book, I was determined to read it and find SOMETHING to warrant spending my money).

Perhaps the authors should be given this clubs web address so they can obtain FACTUAL information on the birth of the Zed.

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

Well, err.........it's got some nice reproduced photos and some info on Aussie racing/rallying that I didn't know but someone should really do a correct book - since 1996, there have been at least 4 Complete Z Story books and all of them stop short of complete fulfillment !

I'd still like read more on the JDM models and the Japanese Z races - gotta be important in the development of the cars as this was hands-on testing on their doorstep and crucial to have good results !