IGNORED

VB Headlight Harness

TomoHawk

It's on pg. 51 of the VB catalog Z.45 (accessories section)

Does anybody know what this is about? It's supposed to connect direct to the battery, has relays for both low- and high-beams, and "OE-style headlight sockets?" no splicing or cutting?

Only $30!?? Makes you wonder...

I remember that thread. (The 240Zdragon72 thread) I don't know what a headlight harness has to do with it but I do remember that in that thread you jumped around like a rabbit, changing virtually everything under the hood, never really fixing the problem you originally complained about.

I know, it is a pain. It could be the simplest thing I am overlooking, down to I just need to invest in the remaining parts for the turbo swap. Here is to hoping.... I was refering to my post because "My car hates me." Thanks for the comment, though. Makes me feel loved around here. :rambo:

Oh, don't take it that way, it was just an observation. My opinion is worth no more or no less that anyone elses. I tend sometimes to be blunt. And it usually comes back my way too though not quite as much as when Bambikiller was around on a regular basis. I just hope you get 'Lady J' sorted out to your liking. That's what we're all here for anyway, isn't it?

On my last 240, I rewired the headlights similar to VB's setup. I am going to be doing my new 240s a similar way to theirs. I would have bought their setup if I had not already bought the parts for my own conversion. With my conversion, I run off the alternator directly, but other than that, its the same principle and will give you the same light output as any modern car. The change was incredible, plus you save your headlight switch from having to carry all that current. Did you know that full current even flows to the blue hi-beam indicator? Crazy setup they came up with.

Info on the principal behind it here: http://www.danielsternlighting.com/tech/relays/relays.html

although, I recommend against purchasing parts from this guy. He is a real jerk who didn't like my choice of lighting products, so he refused to sell me relays.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought one of the VB harnesses and found out how I could lose. The "OE-style" connectors would plug into the headlights if they would fit through the

holes in the back of the buckets, but the +12v wires are too short to reach the battery. It does look like it will work on my 510, but it looks like I'll be getting one of Dave's for the Z.

I bought one of the VB harnesses and found out how I could lose. The "OE-style" connectors would plug into the headlights if they would fit through the

holes in the back of the buckets, but the +12v wires are too short to reach the battery. It does look like it will work on my 510, but it looks like I'll be getting one of Dave's for the Z.

With Dave's the connectors are down near the horns at the bottom of the radiator. The wiring from the headlight itself is unchanged. No wire splicing is required. He even provides a plug for the original connector that becomes unused. Everything is cut to the perfect length and can be installed (and uninstalled) very quickly.

Don't forget Dave's headlight harness is for a 240Z, not a 280Z like I have.

When VB said it was "OE-Style", it meant that the connectors would plug directly to the lights, totally bypassing the original wiring. But like clete said, the wires were too short, and you can't get enough information out of them to know if you can plug it into a 280Z. Just too confusing.

I don't think it's what I would want for my car. I think im my case I would be better off or now just getting the lamps out and cleaning the connector at the lamp base. Refreshing the fuse holder at the fuse block, the round connector near the radiator & the column connectors have already helped a lot.

thx