IGNORED

How Close Are Our VIN #'s

Zrush

Greetings to all. I have been lurking here for a while. :) I have just finished reading this thread and thought I would chime in about Z's I have owned and currently own.

HLS30 00999, 1970, Red with Blk interior. Don't remember the build date. I was the 2nd owner and it was purchased/resided in North Alabama. It was built into a Pro-Rally competition vehicle and I bought it for parts after it went on it's roof before it hit the tree in Michigan in 1974.

HLS30 22508, 2/71 build date. Dark Blue with Blue Interior. I built this car into a street/autox machine in the mid 70's. Sold it to a local car club member who supposedly went racing with it. Anybody seen it?

HLS30 17954, 12/70 build date. Silver with Blk interior. I bought the car several months ago to restore. I drove it home, but it needs work. Only rust is the battery box/firewall area with a few bubbles in the doglegs. I have papers from early 72 until today on the car. It was orginally sold in Cali and then came east after about 10 years.

Please add these into the database.

Paul

HLS30 17954, 12/70 build date. Silver with Blk interior. I bought the car several months ago to restore. I drove it home, but it needs work. Only rust is the battery box/firewall area with a few bubbles in the doglegs. I have papers from early 72 until today on the car. It was orginally sold in Cali and then came east after about 10 years.

Paul

Mine is close to yours 12/70 build date HLS30 17821, but it has a lot more rust problems it sounds like.

post-5416-14150796297902_thumb.jpg

Build date - 1/71 (Series I) - HLS30 18684 (This is my car)

Build date - 2/72 (Series II) - HLS30 23322 (recently sold and moving to FL)

EDIT: "It would be interesting to see where these Z's have migrated to."

As irony would have it, my 240 was originally purchased in FL and then moved to TX (to stay). The other 240 I currently have was purchased in OK and is now moving to FL. Sort of like switching places.

I found the google maps z owners thing. Its at

http://www.frappr.com/zowners

If you put your chassis numbers in the comment, you'll be able to see where the cars are.

And on a different note, You know how Cities have sister Cities in other countries, well what about sister Z cars. That is Z cars with the same chassis number.

Many of you would know that the numbers for the right and left hand drive cars ran in parrellel.

Eg: There would have been HLS30-01234 (for example) that would have been delivered to the USA or Canada, (or some other LHD markets wahtever they may have been).

There would have also been HS30-01234 that would have been delivered to a RHD market like Australia, UK, etc.

And the Trifecta goes to the whoever finds the JDM car S30-01234. now that would be difficult.

• 2 weeks later...
Quote:

Originally Posted by 240zwinter

9/70 HLS30-10031 with the origional white paint and 135k on the origional motor.

Interesting...mine is a 10/70 build date with VIN 8215. I know that these situations have been discussed before...they are still interesting when we find them though.

texasz and 240zwinter:

I know we have discussed this before but my 240Z is an 08/70 with VIN 8323. It is interesting that yours is 108 units ahead of mine yet was badged as a 10/70.

• 3 weeks later...