IGNORED

Leaded or unleaded

Emil

Can anybody tell me what kind of petrol does a 240 need? Leaded or unleaded. This particular car is a 1972 US 240Z with a complety stock engine. At the moment i'm using an lead-alternative to enrich the petrol, just to be on the save side, but it is pretty expensive stuff, and when the engine doesn't need it I will be glad to get rid of it.

Thanks

Emil

I likewise use premium (93 octane) in mine. As mine is bone stock and original with quite a few miles on it, I add a lead substitute to the tank at every fill. The original valve seats are not hardened and will not last as long as the new hardened seats usually installed on a rebuild while using unleaded fuel. The original engines required leaded fuel..I have used lead substitute for the past 20 years and have 167,000 miles on the original engine with lots of power....OK ...I'm ready for the comments. I have my asbestos pants on!