IGNORED

My New Avatar

sopwith21

I have a new avatar. I think its cool, therefore, I am convinced that everyone else should think the same thing. Besides, this forum has been too quiet lately and we need a conversation piece.

This was taken at the Hallett Motor Racing Circuit outside Tulsa, OK at mid-summer of our 2004 championship season. The tightest turn on the course is known as Dead Horse Turn, where, on an unrelated note, a horse's skeleton was dug up some 25 years ago during construction of the track. There's no good line through this corner... you can only hope that your groove is not quite as bad as the other guy's. Whoever is the least bad wins. Don'tcha love those corners?

You stomp the gas coming out of the turn and - if you have a new suspension like me that really hooks up - you can lift the front right tire off the ground as you head uphill into a 100 mph straightaway.

Fun stuff. Good photo from track photographer Clyde Comen.

Hi Stephen,

Interesting color scheme ya got there! I went to see a better picture of it in your photo gallery, but you don't have one. :(

Give us all a treat and post some good pics, including interior and mechanicals! :bunny:

I thought one of the main goals in any type of road racing is to keep all four tires on the pavement ROFLROFL . Just kidding ya there. Great shot and I like the color combo. Nice and bright so all the other drivers can see you IN FRONT of them.

Vicky

Vicky-

With that color, You'd be better off WAY out in front, because when the sun hits it, it'll blind the other people close behind ( I hope they have shades on). The jerseys we had on my Cycling team were fuscia and green, and in the sun you could see one a 1/2 MILE away!

Makes for picking you out of a crowd easier tho. LOL

Since my avatar has turned into such a conversation piece...

No, I didn't paint it or choose the color. The guy who originally built my 260Z found a big sale on the Interstate Batteries Green paint, so he bought enough of it to paint the whole car for next to nothing (budget racer!). At first I hated it, but now I've gotten used to it. I almost like it. Almost.

Break-break.

Yes, four wheels are better on the ground than three. More rubber on the road makes more traction. More traction makes more speed. More speed is always good.

But three wheels makes a cooler avatar.

Break-break.

I'd love to put up a gallery, but I don't know how. I tried once and gave up. I can drive 100+ mph but I don't know which button to push on my keyboard. Go figure. Someone help me.

In the meantime, all hail the new avatar!

Hi Stephen,

Interesting color scheme ya got there! I went to see a better picture of it in your photo gallery, but you don't have one. :(

Give us all a treat and post some good pics, including interior and mechanicals! :bunny:

Truth is, you guys all have nicer looking cars than mine. I browse through your galleries all the time. Most of yours are streetable and gorgeous, but mine is pure racecar. No interior, roll bars everywhere, no front grill, battery moved inside the cockpit, big ugly tach on the dash, blah blah blah.

We've been out twice this year and won both times, which is all that keeps people from laughing at us. Still, the Big Green Monster is mine and I've learned to love it. Its been reliable as sunrise and a real winner. But it doesn't look anything like yours (drools on keyboard). Now, how do I put up that gallery?

................Now, how do I put up that gallery?

*****Pictures must be no larger that 1024 X 768 pixels.

Also, the smaller the file size, the quicker they will upload and the quicker they will load when people try to view them. Files larger than about 400kb take a good bit of time to load for people with dial up modem connections to the internet. You might want to keep that in mind as a consideration to fellow members.

You must be Logged In.

Start from Home Page.

Look on left for a section called "Main Menu". Click on "Photo Gallery" link in that section.

Look near the top of the Gallery page on the RIGHT side. You should see links called "Home" and "Search" and "Profile" and "Upload Photos" Click on "Upload Photos"

On Upload Page, you first "Choose a Catogory" that you want the photos to be located in. Over on the right there is a "menu" to select from. Click on the little arrow and the menu appears and select the one you want.

Next Click on the first "BROWSE" button. A little window will open showing the files on your computer. Find the picture that you want to upload and DOUBLE CLICK on the FILE NAME OR THUMBNAIL (however you have your computer set up).

Click on the next "BROWSE" button to select more photos that you might want to upload. Repeat as necessary.

When you have selected all the pictures you want to upload, scroll down the page a bit and CLICK on the "UPLOAD/SUBMIT" button. It will take some time to upload the pictures. Could be several minutes or more depending on the quantity/size of photos and the speed of your internet connection.

The next page that appears gives you a chance to select an (optional) second or third gallery catagory for the picture(s) to be located. You can also create a Title, a Description, and Key Words to be connected to each of your pictures. When you are done, CLICK "PROCESS"

You are done.

All pictures must be approved by a Moderator. Typically that happens within 24 hours. When the picture is approved, it appears in the gallery catagories tha you selected. NOTE: the pic will appear on the Home Page under "Latest Gallery Uploads" BEFORE it has been approved and is viewable in the Gallery, so be patient.