IGNORED

Seat mechanism covers

GunnerRob

Thanks everyone for your replies of confidence and for your, can I say, commitment?

Tomorrow I'll be meeting with the guy who's going to make these covers and try to firm up the cost. To recap, they'll be made from steel and, by consensus, painted black. And they'll initailly be for the 240z seats. I'll know today if I can adapt these to the 260-280z seats (I want a set too!).

Will (hls30.com), I may need to take you up on your offer to borrow your drivers side cover. It appears the driver side covers are much more scarce than the passenger side units. I'm going to talk to another friend of mine who may have one I can use. I should know something on that tonight.

I have a car with a blue interior and I can tell you they are black. All of the seat brackets, arm rests and consoles were black, no matter what color your interior was.

Marty

This is obviously also the case for the dashboard, passenger door pull strap, and the plastic seat belt clips. Anything else?

Rob,

Just pm me where to send (I have both sides) it(them).

Will

MikeW

Seats, rearview mirror, door trim panels, luggage straps, threshold trim, shifter boot, brake boot, auto shifter handle, carpet, headliner, seat belt trim, footwell harness protectors(280).

Will

MikeW

Seats, rearview mirror, door trim panels, luggage straps, threshold trim, shifter boot, brake boot, auto shifter handle, carpet, headliner, seat belt trim, footwell harness protectors(280).

Will

I was referring to parts that are black even with a non-black interior. The seats, headliner, door panels, sun visors, and hatch plastic trim all match the interior color.

I was referring to parts that are black even with a non-black interior. The seats, headliner, door panels, sun visors, and hatch plastic trim all match the interior color.

Also, on my '78 that had the camel interior, the A pillar plastic covers and the vinyl trim around the headliner were camel colored as well as the interior door release plastic inserts and door lock pulls.

I would be interested in a set.

That's great Kurt! I'll put you down on the list.

I want to let everyone know that I'll try to include the little screws for the covers if I can find them. If I can't, I'll let you all know before I get ready to send the covers out. So, hold onto or find your old screws if you can, just in case. And if anyone out there knows for sure of a supplier for these screws, please share that info with us here!

So, hold onto or find your old screws if you can, just in case. And if anyone out there knows for sure of a supplier for these screws, please share that info with us here!

I've had good luck finding small metric screws at Ace Hardware. I'll go by there later and see if they have the right size. If not, a good place to find just about any fastener is http://www.mcmaster.com/ As long as you know the size it's very easy to navigate their web page to find exactly what you're looking for.