IGNORED

Ebay, poly hyperflex kit, too good to be true?

Jayru

Anyone ever deal with these guys on Ebay? The price seems too good to be true. They have 98% feedback and sell a tun of stuff it seems (over 5000 in feedback), but it seems they wizz at least 16 of those customers off a month (Judging by their negative feedback).

Just looking to see if anyone here had a positive buy from them.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7965097213&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I bought a set of bushes from them a year ago now. Got them sent to the UK no probs, a bit slow of the mark admittedly. I'd recommend only paying with PayPal to be safe.

I should really get around to fitting them soon ;)

Cheers,

Rob

I'm glad someone else started this post for me. :)

I was looking at these also but want to know what it does NOT include that I would have to purchase separately. Can someone please help!? I want to make sure I get all the pieces I need (I plan on replacing all the bushings on the car including sway bars, etc).

The kit I got didn't include:

Sway bar bushings - front or rear

Rear sway bar end links - odd as it included the front pair.

Transmission cross member - possibly because these are absent from the early Z?

Hmmm, memory is hazy, can't think of any other bushes. It definitely had bushes for the front lower control arm, radius rod, 8 for the rear control arms, moustache bar and front sway bar end links.

I guess engine mounts, tranny mount and diff front mount don't count as they're mounts not bushes but you won't get them anyway!

Cheers,

Rob

Ive heard from alot of people that the red polyurethane bushings squeek when they move. It sounds like somethings loose or rubbing when you go over a bump. The black graphite impregnated bushings are supposed to get rid of this problem. Maybe that's the difference in price.

Ahmed.

I bought the black ones, only the picture is the generic red. I don't know if they have graphite in them though.

Edit: this was taken from my auction's desc. and i bought Black:

For those applications where component twisting typically occurs, our line of black HYPER-FLEX polyurethane products contain graphite. This graphite impregnation delivers a self-lubricated effect, reducing the need to lubricate the components.

So i guess i'm good.

I bought the black ones, only the picture is the generic red. I don't know if they have graphite in them though.

Edit: this was taken from my auction's desc. and i bought Black:

For those applications where component twisting typically occurs, our line of black HYPER-FLEX polyurethane products contain graphite. This graphite impregnation delivers a self-lubricated effect, reducing the need to lubricate the components.

So i guess i'm good.

Notice it says "reducing" and doesn't say "eliminating". My bushings (not this brand) indicated that they had graphite in them as well. Even though I applied what I thought was enough grease to them, they still tend to squeek a bit in colder temps.