IGNORED

Rb25, Rb26 & Rb30

Aussie260z

Just wanting some clarification,

I've looked into putting a rb series engine into my 260z and this is what i've figured out so far - tell me if im wrong or if there is an easier way to do things please,

First choose which rb you want :D

Then (this is from a point of view where i wont be making my own fabrication stuff, as my talent in this area is kinda limited)

This is just to get the engine & box in place,

Castlemaine-Rod-Shop sell engine mounts for the Rb30 into a Z (this should fit all rb series engines though?),

These mounts are supposed to sit the engine low and pretty far back in the engine bay (or that i what i've been told)

They also sell a gearbox cross-member, but this is for the Rb30 boxes (dont know if this will work the same with later rb25's and 26's),

Sump is front mounted so you gotta go and get an Rb20det Z31 rear mounted sump & pickup or a sump from a nissan hiace (i think - it was a hiace) install it onto your Rb engine and you have a rear mounted sump&oil pickup,

Then you can install the drive-line,

Then you gotta deal with the wiring harness - do you need to go after-market ECU or can you keep it stock?

Have to figure out the fuel system - someone told me if i go turbo i should not use the stock fuel lines as they are to restrictive?

Install an EFI fuel pump (like one from an R31 skyline), you can go internal or external (whatever you like) and wire it up, Surge tank for the turbo versions,

What kinds of mods should be made to brakes & suspension?

Cant think of anything eles at the moment............what eles would i need to do, any better ways of doing this???

Nissan GQ RB30 patrol has the sump I think your refering to however it has an extra capacity section at the rear which hangs lower than normal which may or may not be ok, but looks like a road damage risk to me especially on a lowered car.

Chances are you will need a custom drive shaft.

You can use the motors EFI loom and ECU with no dramas.

Surge tanks and high pressure EFI pump are the basics of what you need for fuelling, i havent heard of people upgrading the lines.

Bigger front brakes would be advisable at the least I would think.

Drunkenmaster,

I have a 1974 260z and im pretty sure its got a return fuel line, your saying if i went with an RB25DET for instance, my stock fuel lines would be sufficent?

I was thinking of whacking in a set of Toyota 4by4 4-spot calipers - but should i also swap over the front discs?

Should i just leave the rear drums as is, or is it worth it going to hassle of converting to discs on the rear?

I am not sure on the lines, but I have not heard of anyone changing them.

I will be changing mine as I mucked them up trying to bend them around by frame rail extensions.

Front brakes would be the big issue, as for rears I would talk to your local state automotive engineers as to what they would consider sufficient.