Wireing harness rubber grommet. - Electrical - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Wireing harness rubber grommet.

Featured Replies

I'm having the rubber grommet that goes around the engine bay wireing harness at the firewall reproduced. It will fit the 73 and early 74. Not sure about the later years. The outer diameter is about 2 1/2 inches and the inner diameter of the rubber boot is 3/4".

If anyone is interested in one let me know and we can reduce the price with eachone made.

I'll take six (6). PM me with costs. Not in a rush.

Me too! I've been looking for them for some time... Put me down for at least 2 if not 4... PM or email me on where to send funds and when to expect them...

Thanks!!

-e

  • Author

Thanks for the interest guys. Just to double check this is for the 73 and will be too big for earlier models. As soon as I meet with the rubber company guy and get some figures I'll let you know when and about how much.

Thanks

Considering the apparent demand and the fact that tooling up for these is probably the biggest expense I would suggest just having a bunch of them made up. You can sell them one at a time on eBay if you want to even if it takes years to get rid of them all.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Ed - to confirm: yes mine is a 73 as well.

  • 4 months later...
  • Author

Here is a picture of the finished product. It took a while but I'm very happy with the result. I'll take a few to the nationals with me if anyone wants to check them out.

post-1052-14150795640461_thumb.jpg

That's what it's suppose to look like?? Whow I need a new one :)

Why not sell them in pairs? You'll get them off faster, and if the cost isn't that much, they should sell. Especially since people commenting here all wanted more than one.

thx

  • Author
Why not sell them in pairs? You'll get them off faster,

I don't understand what you mean by "in pairs"? Are you talking about a split boot?

How many actually go on the car? I'm interested also.

Greg

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.