IGNORED

My Car Is Ugly... Help! Need Body Kit!

sopwith21

Hi all;

Help. I have a limited budget and a big dream. Later this spring I'd like to turn my poor, ugly, old '74 260z racecar into the automotive equivalent of Salma Hayek.

The body panels are straight and need no replacement (see my avatar). The nose is beat up and the tail looks naked and BORING! Street cars look best when understated, but racecars are seen from a distance and should look exotic, mean and aggressive as the Lord intended. I've seen a couple of body kits with skirts, flares, a nose and rear wing for 600-900 bucks but I still need more ideas.

FYI - this car competes on full size 2-mile road courses at well over 120 mph. A big, nasty rear wing would not only look great, but give us more adjustability in the corners as well.

Please submit your favorite body pieces, manufacturers, web sites and tips. They are greatly appreciated... especially if they're cheap.

Hey....just a thought! With a relatively small amount of $$$ you might consider ZG flares, BRE (spook) front airdam, and one of the original style rear spoilers. For an additional amount of cash (budget is shrinking now) you might address the banged up front end with a G-nose kit. Check out the photo gallery for ideas...there are plenty of great looking Z's on this site.

Thanks for the input. Please forgive my ignorance... is "ZG" the exact name of the company, so I can just do a web search? Same with "BRE" (who is "spook?") and "G-nose?"

I'm willing to do my own homework, I just need to know the actual names of the manufacturing firms so I know where to start. And by all means, I'll go to the gallery! Thanks again.

When I think of Salma, I think of a beautiful body, pretty much as she came from the factory, few if any real changes-little if any plastic!

I think maybe you are looking for someone more along the lines of Latoya Jackson, enough plastic to cover most of the body-implants everywhere! Flares, spoilers, louvers, the works.

Have a look at http://www.reactionresearch.com/automotivedetails.htm toward the bottom of the page-John Washington is the owner and fabricator-excellent work!

Will

Thanks for the input. Please forgive my ignorance... is "ZG" the exact name of the company, so I can just do a web search? Same with "BRE" (who is "spook?") and "G-nose?"

I'm willing to do my own homework, I just need to know the actual names of the manufacturing firms so I know where to start. And by all means, I'll go to the gallery! Thanks again.

Stephen, Jeff mentioned Motorsport Auto (MSA). This is an outfit that has tons of Z car items and many of us throw lots-O-cash their way....if you know what I mean. If you visit their website (you can type motorsport auto for the search) you should be pleasently surprised at the volume of items they have. If you talk with them they can enlighten you on the items I described. Regarding the word SPOOK...it was a nick-name that was given to the front air dam that was used during the early haydays of 240Z race cars.

Nice analogy Will. ;)

When I think of Salma, I think of a beautiful body, pretty much as she came from the factory, few if any real changes-little if any plastic!

I think maybe you are looking for someone more along the lines of Latoya Jackson, enough plastic to cover most of the body-implants everywhere! Flares, spoilers, louvers, the works.

Have a look at http://www.reactionresearch.com/automotivedetails.htm toward the bottom of the page-John Washington is the owner and fabricator-excellent work!

Will

Will

Will, are you on the wrong post or what? What the H are you talking about...when you think of Salma. Am I missing something here?