auxilary

PICT0121.sized.jpg

PICT0113.sized.jpg

PICT0092.sized.jpg

PICT0102.sized.jpg

PICT0100.sized.jpg

1024x768_IMG_12.sized.jpg

1024x768_IMG_14.sized.jpg

Got a ways to go, had to completely scrap and redesign teh mounts. Side mounts didn't fare too well, so I opted to cheat, and used an '82 12a rx-7 front engine cover with front mount bolt points (same as 510 guys use). Will have to modify the oilpan, but otherwise now it's bolted to the crossmember. have to add a few reinforcements here and there, and a panhard type bar for the side of hte motor so it doesn't travel left/right on turns.

Motor is a 13B-RE, originaly twin turbo, now converted to single garrett t04s 60-1. Fuel is managed through a parallel -6an fuel rail setup, fed by -8an line from a fuel cell, into 550cc primary, and 1,680cc secondaries. Transmission is an rx7 turbo unit, and it even bolts up to the stock location :) The only downside is that this combo puts oilpan really low to the ground....a little bit below frame rails.

heh. to my knowledge, only POKINATCHA on hybridZ was doing the rotary conversion besides me, and he started a couple weeks after I did. He disappeared, and I haven't heard from him in quite a while. Aside from that, I'm not aware of anyone else.

I've only heard about rotary Z cars, no one has ever documented one, let alone even have a picture of one. As far as I know, I'm the first one to publically document it :)

• 2 weeks later...