IGNORED

Source for 16/17/18 inch billet wheels 4 Z

dogma420

I don't know if anyone has ever brought this up, but Boyd Connington has a range of billet wheels that they will make for a Z...correct offset, 16-19 inch diameter, also wider than you usually find....7-10 or even I think 12 inch width. A reasonable size is approx. $250 a wheel. check them out, and please let me know what you think, cause instead of panasports, this might be the answer...I emailed them and they said they can make z wheels with correct offset for 70-78s.

http://www.billetwheel.com/home.html

I had emailed them when they opened the wheel shop-but at that time they had nothing for us. Now that they do, I am interested, I would like more info/pictures.

I had explored getting the proper materials(6061, Fortal, etc) to make my own wheels, I have a CNC Mill/Lathe-limited to 17" swing over the bed-but the blank cost was WAY Outrageous for buying only 4-wonder if... and what Boyd would sell blanks for...

Will

Hey Vicky, I'd bet if you through enough $$$ Chips way, he'll do them. I think Chip Foose is outstanding when it come to custom cars....wow, what an artist he is! I'd definitely have him build a car for me if I could afford it. On the other hand, I think Boyd Connington is also very talented, but with the the guy he has heading up his build crew on the TV show.....I think his name is Mr. Know-it-all Dwayne, I wouldn't let this jerk work on my rollerskates!!!! Dwayne's leadership skills are on par with a caboose. Dwayne.....if you're so unhappy with life...end it and save us all the trouble of seeing your sorry arse on TV or go cry to your mommie!!!!

Sorry for the rant......ahhhhhhhhh, I feel better now.

i had the same opinion about dwyane until i began to put myself in the producer/directors seat. hmm, i'd want to create a show that had; good talented guy, bad guy, quiet guy, loudmouth we all boo at, etc. i always wonder about these so called "reality" shows. they only let us see [the show] what they want which can ultimately twist the story into whatever the producer/writer/director wants. the rest winds up as they say on the editing room floor.

i purchased my compomotive wheels from www.usacomp.com. compete custom fit in a nice 17 x 8.5" size, no spacers, no flares, tucked under the stock fenders with my coilovers.

Hey Dave........I see your point regarding WHAT we see on these shows. And besides, we all know it's about making ratings and putting $$$ into the producers pocket...not the show's ability to provide meaningful content. Shoot, a good 40% of these show are commercials anyway! However, I tend to think the the general populous, who watch the shows, may get the impression that all of us car guys/gals are like Mr. know-it-all Duane. Wether or not Duane is or isn't an Ahole in real life doesn't matter (unless maybe he's a neighbor). What matters is the impression this jerk leaves with the people who watch the show. We certainly don't need this sort of bad example broadcast about our beloved sport. OK, I know....just don't watch it! I,m sure you've watched the show with Chip Foose and his crew........that's the kind of car guy/gal impression I'd like to see people getting. Certainly not the same message as viewed on the Coddington show. Wouldn't you agree? :classic:

240ZX, I'm with you, the atmosphere they show on these shows would have real people walking quick for the door, and a new job, unless the money was unbelievably good, which I doubt it could be. Another show that I used to enjoy was American Chopper, but the new season looks like forget bike building and focus on abuse, if those people are real they need to get a life, they have lost me as a viewer... Sorry to have helped divert this thread...

I had emailed them when they opened the wheel shop-but at that time they had nothing for us. Now that they do, I am interested, I would like more info/pictures.

I had explored getting the proper materials(6061, Fortal, etc) to make my own wheels, I have a CNC Mill/Lathe-limited to 17" swing over the bed-but the blank cost was WAY Outrageous for buying only 4-wonder if... and what Boyd would sell blanks for...

Will

I heard hes having financial problems.

ANYWAY BACK ON TOPIC

From what I know the wheels that Boyd's makes are a two piece design

that are welded together.

The rim is a standard part and the face is machined.

It would save huge in scrap material and machining time.

I personnally don't like billet wheels because of the grain structure.

I would much rather have forged wheels.