IGNORED

Just became a z owner!!!

new_2_z

hello my name is mat and i just bought a 260z a couple days ago. This car was a daily driver and was put to rest for two years. I am the second owner of the car. I have been looking for a 240 or 260 for about a year now. I love everything about these cars. I live in louisiana so these cars are hard to come by. I finally found one that still in good shape. The car is orginaly from louisiana. I was looking in texas and florida for one for a decent price. It does have some rust areas like the battery tray and floors but what can u expect from a classic :classic: right now i just have pics at cardomain http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/747952. short story i just got the car and ill be going to the forms and look up answers. the carbs spit out gas so i need to fix that soon. the pics are just when i picked up the car.

thx

mat

Hi Mat, welcome to the group. You are very lucky to have a rare 260Z. The car doesnt look to bad. You will love it when you get her running right. Dont hesitate to ask questions. The members here are full of answers and some are full of it!! Myself included!!

Chris

Thanks i live in zachary but use to live in baton rouge. The car has sat in baton rouge for 2 years behind Franks resturant. Which is a good place to eat breakfest if ya dont mind the waiting. Been looking for forms on why the crabs spit out gas. it has 240 carbs so im guessing i just have to rebuild them. the battery is dead right now so im just gutting it right now.

thx

mat

Yea i saw those but i need to throw cash down in the car. Gotta fix the rust before i fall through the floor.....jk not that bad just stick my finger out here and their. LOL. For some reason the passanger floor is in worser condition. The driver has no rust holes. Its just the passanger floor that has a couple holes i guess u can call them that. The owner said they were new carbs but i guess failed to say needed rebuilt o well. i heard the car turn over before. once it starts the gas kinda stops coming out the carbs. This is my first carb vehicle so its all new to me. until i get in the barn i have to work on it outside and its a cold day. the car has all orginal parts. it has that tan interior which is ok i guess but i want to replace. Do they sell replacement interior panels in the back? trying to pick out x-mas stuff. :) and about the bumbers are they early or late 74 i cant really tell.

Hey Mat, you can get some SEM brand interior paint in a rattle can and change your colors if you want.

The later 260Z had big heavy bumpers like a 280Z if I recall. The early 260Z had thin cross section bumpers like the 240's. Your car looks like it has the thin bumpers with the bigger guards than a 240 but the bumpers themselves are the ones to have. You can remove the guards for a cleaner look. A lot of Z owners have done that.

Chris

Yea i was going to remove them. Nothing like lighting the load. Ill have to check the car out on the bumbers. I was told to replace the floor pans(in case the rust is that bad, have not taken seats out yet waiting for a surprise) i would have to know if it was a early or late 74.

oddly enough, the rust on the passenger side of my car is much worse than the driver's side. i think it could be the result of a leaky heater core, though. also, welcome! if you haven't decided on how you are going to do the floorpans yet, i recomment you check out zedd findings for a replacement kit. also, por-15 offers a patch kit.