Xmas help - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Xmas help

Featured Replies

Hey guys, haven't been around in a while. Things have been hectic lately. I know this is a little off topic but I figured I'd get a good answer here. My dad requested a bottle of nice single malt scotch for xmas. I'm more of a beer nut myself so I'm clueless on scotch. I figure there's a diverse enough population on this forum that someone will have a good recommendation. Thanks

oh btw, tryin to keep it under $50 Thanks

Hey guys, haven't been around in a while. Things have been hectic lately. I know this is a little off topic but I figured I'd get a good answer here. My dad requested a bottle of nice single malt scotch for xmas. I'm more of a beer nut myself so I'm clueless on scotch. I figure there's a diverse enough population on this forum that someone will have a good recommendation. Thanks

oh btw, tryin to keep it under $50 Thanks

Try Glenfiddich, Glenmorangie, Glenlivet , or Macallan. All are very good highland single malts, not overly expensive. The second or fourth would be most appreciated as a gift.

Try Glenfiddich, Glenmorangie, Glenlivet , or Macallan. All are very good highland single malts, not overly expensive. The second or fourth would be most appreciated as a gift.

I've always had a liking for Glenfiddich and Gelnlivet's a good choice as well. Never had Glenmorangie or Macallan, but sounds worth a try. Gary

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Any of the Glen's are good choices from what I understand

Not being a scotch drinker (or any other alcoholic beverage for that matter) I'm unfamiliar with the term 'single malt.' But when my father was alive, his favorite scotch was Chivas Regal.

Not being a scotch drinker (or any other alcoholic beverage for that matter) I'm unfamiliar with the term 'single malt.' But when my father was alive, his favorite scotch was Chivas Regal.

Stephen,

"Single Malt:

This indicates that the whisky was made in only one distillery and has not been blended with any other product from elsewhere. It may however contain whisky from several production batches over a period of up to a couple of years. There are rather fewer than 100 working malt whisky distilleries in Scotland with the dominant concentration in the Spey valley in north-east Scotland around Elgin. A smaller group of particularly characterful malt distilleries exists on the western island of Islay and there used to be a third group centred round Campbeltown. About 120 single malts can be identified including the bottled product of now-defunct distilleries"

From a UK website.

Chris

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.