darn thing that poops on the screen - Page 2 - Open Chit Chat - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

darn thing that poops on the screen

Featured Replies

You need to right click on the files and download them.

Windows media file will not play the mpeg.

Dave...

Yeah, I've downloaded it fine, but I get some sort of error when I try to open it (mpa file not mpeg). It then goes would I like t odownload the plugin and I say yes but it never does it ...

This damned thing is driving me beserk. Since this site has long been my home page, I don't want to change. This is apparently a function of the forum engine, which, as the page linked in the previous message says, has been recently been updated. Why has it screwed up our site and not his?:confused:

Hi all, i emailed wajones & reported this to him/her, since Mike seems MIA. here is my email & his response:

Apparently the site must be using the vbPortal xp theme, there are 3 places

in the P_themeheader template that have the following path looking for

images at phpPortals "http://www.phpportals.com/forums/XP/pixel.gif" please

replace that with "$bburl/XP/pixel.gif" or the path on your server.

-----Original Message-----

Hi, don't know you, but your name is associating with an error at the

www.240z.org website. Every member is now prompted to enter a "network

passowrd" for site phpportals, realm is "wajones"

Maybe you have some idea what has happened? Thanks, Jeremiah Axtell

Now, his answer means absolutely NOTHING to me, but maybe you folks know computers better than I. FWIW, Jeremiah

I am having the same problem with this thing popping up tooo!!! At least it isn't some type of virus !!!!!

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

Basically what's going on is the image which your browser is looking for is housed within the php portal site in wajones account, which is password protected. Every time you/your browser tries to access a page it's trying to take an image out of a password protected account and the server is asking for the account and password before access is granted.

By changing the actuall URL to a php string instead, it bypasses this problem.

so Eob, what's the fix? Is it in Mike's hands, or up to each of us? Thanks for the info anyway. JA

Yea what eob said.

Okay, I found the problem. My code was opening up images from another server on the Internet. That other server decided to password protect their files. Because of this change, our system was asking for login information.

Anyway, it wasn't a biggie... Sorry for the annoyance.

[m]

Originally posted by John Alex

I am having the same problem with this thing popping up tooo!!! At least it isn't some type of virus !!!!!

OH man... yes, it's a virus. You must send the 240z club $10,000 by the end of tomorrow or we'll delete all of the files on your computer, raid your bank account, and set your house on fire.

Yep, I'm kidding. No virus.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.