IGNORED

Front Valence for '70 240Z

Brandy

Hi. Instead of replacing an aftermarket airdam that PepBoys mangled and won't make good on, I'm thinking about replacing the airdam with a close-to-original front valence (three pieces). The better the condition is preferred, and metal over fiberglass.

Anyone have the valences when replacing them with an airdam? Thanks.

Brandy

• 4 weeks later...
I have one in great shape all 3 pieces. Looking for 100 bucks + shipping probably about 15-18 bucks. No rust or dents. Repainted red in color.

Give me a yell if interested.

grunt0311

71 240z

76 parts

Brandy, Jump on this offer. If they are 1970 - 1974 they should fit. Sounds like a great deal. If you want the early Z spoiler look you might consider buying a early "spook" design spoiler which attaches to the original 3 piece valence. Example would be the early BRE 240Z cars.JLP

grunt0311, if Brandy doesn't want these LMK I might pick them up for extras. Thanks

Brandy,

No they are NOT all the same. Depending on your chassis (early series one or later series one) there are subtle differences in the mounting bracket distances and you might have to use a shim. Most anything past '72 won't fit the brackets at all. For the connoisseur, the early center valances have a larger return lip on the top. The lip is about 1/2" rather than the shorter 1/4" lip for later cars. The price mentioned is about right for decent pieces.

Brandy,

No they are NOT all the same. Depending on your chassis (early series one or later series one) there are subtle differences in the mounting bracket distances and you might have to use a shim. Most anything past '72 won't fit the brackets at all. For the connoisseur, the early center valances have a larger return lip on the top. The lip is about 1/2" rather than the shorter 1/4" lip for later cars. The price mentioned is about right for decent pieces.

Thanks for the update Chris, I was unaware of the changes for 73 & 74. That the great thing about this site. :D JLP