IGNORED

C110 Indicator lense

The C110

G'day guys. i was the one who bought that nice blue coupe off james a couple of months ago, and since have been noticing how dodgy the car actually is. the car turned out to be a bit of a death trap (would've been nice if james had let me know cause i still would've bought it, just not driven it as much)

however i have big plans for this car, so soon i'll be asking lots of questions.

So far i've just been doing my best to keep the car running (it's not that bad as far as reliability is concerned, but still very dodgy.) within the next month or two i'll have a fibreglass bonnet to replace the less than safe rusted original.

anyway, there was no fender blinker lenses with my many boxes of spares, but if anyone needs anything please ask because most of it is taking up precious space.

btw i've got a few datsun badges and a few Z wheel centres.

Im interested to hear about that K in WA, Mr Camo [soz, dont know your real name] So far since being interested in the cars ive tallied eight cars, including my own, in wa and none have looked better than woeful. Rust appears to be the number one enemy of the c110 [as it is of many 30 yr old cars], but a marjority of those eight cars were in the final stages of a rust destruction [one car had a visible hole in the drivers door as large as a human head!].

Tom

Hi Tom

Craig Here. The K looked to be in good condition, nice and shiny white paint, no apparent rust (but the sun had gone down, and I only had a quick look). But none the less it looked well looked after. I'd guess the driver was about 40 or more. It was on wanneroo road heading north, from warwick road Think it had waneroo lic plates. it kept going north past ocean reef road, when I turned off.

Yeah, you dont see many K's out on the road. I havent seen a coupe in about 3 or more years. That was in tha same spot I saw this one actually (wanneroo road between beach and warwick road) It was a metallic blue coupe up on the pavement. Looked like it had broken down or run out of petrol. I wanted to leave a note on the window offering to buy it, but was flat broke at the time.

Is that how you got your car? tailed it till it stopped an bought it off the owner?

- Craig.

Ah Gday Craig,

Nice to hear about the circumstances of the sightings. I hope to make it up to landsdale wreckers at some stage, perhaps that broken down coupe you saw could be waiting there for me? I reckon there would have to be at least a couple of coupes left on wa roads. When i was at the wreckers in welshpool on monday, i had a chat to the proprietor in regards to k's in his premises. Just two years ago he had a sedan and a coupe, but they sat there for years without any attention, until he decided to send them to the crusher. I guess thats trhe way it works, not long after you throw something out, someone comes along asking after it...

I bought my car out of the quokka acutally. Just when i was in the market for a new car [primarily a c110], and the first time i had bought the quokka in years, my k popped up...very coincidental (=

Yes and no...

Ive now called Warren [not sure if youve been following the saga leon] three times, and hes said he will phone me back at a convenient time...im about to embark on the fourth call...

If hes not successful then yes, i will still be looking for one.

Tom

This is off topic, but i think here is appropriate enough. I got hold of a c110 coupe's whole rear panel including lights assembly, with the intention of fitting it to my sedan...And to my horrow it doesnt fit...The studs on the light assemblies themselves dont line up with the holes in the sedan...so im not really sure what my options are, other than to go back to the original sedan setup...Any thoughs?

[i will post pics soon]