IGNORED

Go Veggie

Go240Zags

I am wondering... where did the $40k go? Is it in a briefcase in the boot or does he using a different currency?

Cost him $20K to purchase it off a mate whilst smoking da gandja. No longer a mate :smoke: :pirate:

Got ripped off converting it for $10K :cry::(

Snorted another $10k up his nose after realising what a dork he'd been. :stupid: :ogre:

Isn't it just amazing just what some people do with cash.....long live the veggieman.....man :D

Pretty funny but at least he's trying I guess in some weird way :). I respect the idea of using veggie oil as fuel but I think $40k is rubbish for sure. Unless it was researching being able to run on that fuel who knows.

If I owned it which i couldn't see myself doing I'd definately change the paint job. First time I've seen an actual LD28 engine looks funny :)

Its funny ... if this were a "cost to restore your z car thread..." 40k wouldn't phase most people... a lot of people here have 20-30k in there cars and could probably find another 10k in stuff there cars need.... But since he paints it a funny color and puts a Nissan turbo diesel in it.... 40k is ridiculous.

Far Out Man, I'd drive it when I felt guilty about how much of the Earth's oil us Yanks are sucking up. Or when the price of gas hits $3.00/gallon. However, $40K buys a lot of gas/petrol/benzina. I guess I'd have to start telling the local bistros to start pushing the french fries. The paint doesn't bother me as much as all the advertisements on the thing. I'd be the hit of the Barter Faire. The Faire is one of the grooviest things I get to cover each fall for my newspaper.

http://okanoganfamilyfaire.com/

post-5416-1415079430299_thumb.jpg

post-5416-14150794303445_thumb.jpg

Its funny ... if this were a "cost to restore your z car thread..." 40k wouldn't phase most people... a lot of people here have 20-30k in there cars and could probably find another 10k in stuff there cars need.... But since he paints it a funny color and puts a Nissan turbo diesel in it.... 40k is ridiculous.

Yeah, because that's all he's done! The people here who say they spend 20-30k are looking at show-quality cars brought back to very close to original condition. This looks like any ordinary Z with a paint job and a weird engine in the front. I mean, 40k and he's still got old grimey slotted mags?

• 1 year later...
Far Out Man, I'd drive it when I felt guilty about how much of the Earth's oil us Yanks are sucking up. Or when the price of gas hits $3.00/gallon. However, $40K buys a lot of gas/petrol/benzina. I guess I'd have to start telling the local bistros to start pushing the french fries. The paint doesn't bother me as much as all the advertisements on the thing. I'd be the hit of the Barter Faire. The Faire is one of the grooviest things I get to cover each fall for my newspaper.

http://okanoganfamilyfaire.com/

Is it time for the Biodiesel 240?

http://www.pape.ws/allan_and_rosanne/Z-Car_Stuff/VeggieCar/veggiecar.htm

I know this idea might offend many of the Z crowd here, but in all seriousness - seeing the "Veggie Z" was my inspiration to buy a Z some 20+ years after my last one. I had been toying with the idea for years of having a Z to "play with", to keep me out of trouble so to speak. In the last few years I started to get a little more serious about the idea when I came across the "Veggie Z" - truly inspirational - have the car I've always loved, and make it environmentally friendly and educational too! Okay, I'll admit it was also an excuse to justify buying a Z, but it worked! Got the Z. But I've also always kept an eye open for the seemingly elusive '81-'82 Nissan Maximas which came with diesels and what I've noticed is A) they are truly rare birds, and B)certain parts are EXTREMELY hard to find for them should they need repair.

I'll be straight up here - I KNOW the diesel isn't going to light anyone's hair on fire with it's sluggish performance. I really don't care. I've had plenty of uber-fast cars and my fair share of adrenaline moments, at least enough that it's not that important to me any more. Driving something that makes a statement - a GOOD statement, that is appealing to me at this stage in life.

Ever the optimist, I've been recently thinking... what other I-6 diesel engine has been produced, and is relatively common for access to parts and repairs? The obvious answer is Mercedes Benz. So I guess this question goes out to you all, anyone out there have working experience with MB I-6 diesel engines? At this point I think the first question to ask is... would it fit without major modifications?