Refurbising Door Sill Plate - Interior - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

Refurbising Door Sill Plate

Featured Replies

The vinyl cover on my door sill plate(s) is starting to peel off. What are you bozos (oops- bros ;) doing to refurbish those?

Can you remove all the vinyl and polish or chrome? Vinyl looks cheap and I usually drag my shoe over it which is peeling the vinyl off. I like the clean look of the older look. Vinyl is so '70s...

:(

thx

The new ones come any way you want them, Tomohawk, as long as its black vinyl.

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.

TomoHawk,

I have recovered a set before, and it looked good, cut the edges flush and tighten the screws to sink it in the carpet so you can't see the edges. I am sure you sould paint them with epoxy paint, appliance enamel, por15, or any other heavy duty paint. I even made a set out of stainless steel once-still have them, might make it into my '72.

The metal used on the originals is pretty thin, and not a good alloy in that almost any water will make them rust.

Will

BTW, the Bucs stink. ;)

I think that was an insult.

I hate black vinyl.

BTW, the Bucs stink. ;)

Ahh.....yeah I can see that from just playing two Pre-Season games, it's all down here from now. Maybe they can become as good as your Cleveland Browns.........now that's a super bowl bound team :stupid: :sick:

Vicky

You tell 'em, Vicky. At least the Bucs don't have black vinyl on their helmets!

At least you guys have teams. I live in So Cal but not far enough south to Claim the 'lightning bolts.' (Thank goodness for that!)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.