IGNORED

Wanted, your opinion

Fun_in_my_z

Hey all.

I have a late 71 240z. When i got it, the po had put some body mods on. It has a rear spoiler,rear window louvers and a front air dam.

I dont much like the air dam, but i still want one for it. I just donno whitch one i want LOL. Can somebody post some pics of theres or of ones they like?

Then there is the louvers. I dont like thease much, and havent seen many here on this site with them eather. Whats ur opinion on them?

Also im thinking about whitch rims i would like to get for it. I want a set of wheels that are a little wider. But not so wide that i have to but flares on. Witch might not be that bad eather.

Thease parts are a long way down the road, but i wanna get them asap. I think it better to have most of what i need before i get to far into it.

The cars going to be painted Racing Orange, with maby some kind of decals or stripes or somthing. But nothing to rice eather.

I want it to look agresive but not like the local civics around here.

Any suggetions or ideas would be apreciated.

Bill.

Bill, does you car run yet? I wasn't sure if it's in running order or not. I think you should put money into the engine and get it top knotch first. Body mods can come later. Don't be like some folks (not Z'ers) that have all this stuff on the car but it runs like crap. What happens if you by spoilers, rims and such and find out you could have used that money for a major engine part you need.

(Of course if you Z's engine is primo then the entire paragraph is null and void) LOL

Vicky

Well LOL. I wasnt buying anything yet. Just getting ideas.

I need gaskets and rings still for the engine. then im putting it in. With a new clutch and reabuilt carbs.

I know i need to waight LOL Just thinking seeing what yall might like to see. :)

I need a air cleaner thingy. Think its called a air box.

Thats the only ued part i will buy for the engine. I will rebuild everything else that i have that is rebuildable.

check here at motorsport auto: http://www.zcarparts.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=7AD1

i am personally going to get the 4th or 5th one; the fiberglass or urethane with brake cooling ducts.

as for what rims, i have my 15x7 AREs (you can check out my pics) and i like them a lot. otherwise, i'd check out some panasports... they always look good.

now the louvres: i personally don't care too much for them aesthetically, but getting into a hot car at the end of the day brings the thought into my mind that they might be a good thing..

just my .02

The cars going to be painted Racing Orange, with maby some kind of decals or stripes or somthing. But nothing to rice eather.

I want it to look agresive but not like the local civics around here.

Any suggetions or ideas would be apreciated.

Bill.

General Lee? :stupid:

The looks of your car is depending on your tastes not mine or anyone elses. Get a catalog from Motorsports they have several air dams to choose from. I secound the motion get her running first unless there is major rust to contend with . If this is the case take care of that first in case the car turns into a parts car because of it. Louvers do save the interior from sun fadeing but again it is a matter of your likes or dislikes . Buying engine internal parts at this stage is a waist of money , these things need to be bought after you hone or bore the cylinders so you know what the measurements are. Be aware a rebuild will cost in the area of 2 grand if you do alot of the work yours self. If you are thinking to traiding in the L-24 block for one that is rebuilt, most rebuilders won't accept L-24 or L-26 blocks for cores.

Be aware a rebuild will cost in the area of 2 grand if you do alot of the work yours self.
I have a L26 thats been bored and honed. It wont cost me two grand..I have a guy that owes me a favour and hes going to rebuild the head to go with the boring and honing.

The engine was in realy great shape, just need freshening up.

But you won't end up with a freshly, & completely rebuilt engine like Gary was talking about. Kind of comparing apples and oranges here (or apples and road apples) :tapemouth