Sign in to follow this  
GregP

MidwestZ??

Put A/C in the garage so I can work on my car more often.... :lick:

And that's what I've been doing. :bandit:

I sent one of my cousins an e-mail and asked her to go by Chloe's shop next time she's in Wichita and see if she can find out something..... she only lives about 40 minutes or so away from Wichita.

I sure would appreciate any info about Chloe. I used to talk with her almost every day. She just dropped off the face of the earth. No answer on any of the phone numbers I have including cell. The last e-mail I had from her was just before the National Convention - mid June. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

Just before the server upgrade I noticed one 240zorg member actually lives in Wichita, Kansas where Chloe lives. I was going to pm him to see if he wanted to go and check on Chloe, but I can't rember his username now though :stupid: The perils of getting old :)

Seriously though, I am concerned for Chloe, as she just seems to have vanished. Hope she gets back in touch soon.

I have looked in the Yellow pages, called directory assistance, and can not find an address for MidwestZ. I found the webpage for MidwestZ and called but was unable to leave a message because the message box is full.

I will drive by if someone can give me an address.

I have only had my 73 240z for about a month and am excited that there could be someone here in Wichita I could get parts from.

Regards,

farrisl

Her business address is:

11700 E. Waterman #223

Hopefully she's not out of business for good, just temporarily.

We've gotten quite spoiled by her service and ability to find some very hard to find items. It would be tough to go back to some of the other suppliers after Chloe.

Her business address is:

11700 E. Waterman #223

Using the web I got the same information from a WhoIs search of her domain. I then mapped it using MapQuest and then found that location in an aerial photograph on Microsoft's TerraServer. It appears as though this business location might actually be her home so she may not be accustomed to unexpected visitors.

http://terraserver.microsoft.com/image.aspx?t=1&s=10&x=3292&y=20860&z=14&w=1

It appears as though this business location might actually be her home so she may not be accustomed to unexpected visitors.

You are right Mike, Chloe does work from home.

Farrisl, it would be a greatly appreciated by us all I think if you could drive by and check Chloe is OK.

Whatever has happened, it's not like Chloe to not let at least one of her good customers know what is going on, whether it be temporary or what not.

I think that's why we are all a little nervous that something more serious has happened to her.

Hopefully she's OK and is perhaps moving the business to a larger space?

I drove out to Chloe's place and no one was home. I am pretty sure it was the right place becuase there was an older Z parked out front. The cat dish was full of food so either Chloe is around or perhaps on vacation and having someone feed all the kittens I saw. I left a note on her door voicing our concerns for her welfare and asked that she get back with us.

Regards,

farrisl

I left a note on her door voicing our concerns for her welfare and asked that she get back with us.

Thanks, good job.

I too hope everything is ok with her, I would hate to loose another Z fan...and in her case a great source of parts for the Z community.

In the mean time I couldn't wait to hear back from you on the email I sent and found what I needed from Danny's Datsuns at a very good price. FWIW

Yea I am getting close to painting my '78 and was hoping to continue buying parts from her. She has been great to work with.....

I ... called but was unable to leave a message because the message box is full.

I called tonight but was only able to leave a message.

Anyone know what her day job was? MCI just had a huge layoff there recently...

Wayne

I called tonight but was only able to leave a message.

Anyone know what her day job was? MCI just had a huge layoff there recently...

Wayne

I think MidwestZ was her only job. She always answered the phone when I called, or returned my call almost immediately, I'd get emails throughout the day as well.

I am going to hold out a while longer to order from her, and hope everything is getting better.

Carl-I would comment on the calisthenics of your avitar except for one thing- who puts a toilet on a pedistal that high? -OOP, you do, I guess I better go before I visit-I'm not as spry as I used to be!

Will

Wayne,

If you called yesterday (7/26) and left a message then someone is taking messages off her machine. When I tried last week it wouldn't take any message because the machine was full. I faxed her again and they seem to be going through. I included numerous ways to contact me (fax ,phone , email etc).

At this point they have my payment (I paid with paypal). Does anybody have any suggestions. Like all of you, I have been more concerned about Chloe then about losing my money. At this point I'm not sure what to think. I always assumed that Chloe worked for MidwestZ. Who own's them? Was she it? It must be more than her working out of home. Where are the new & used parts stored? Was she just a middle man (women)? Is she ill or has she just closed the doors?

I would appreciate any advise. Should I continiue to wait, start legal action, write it off? It's been about six weeks since I heard from her.

Greg

GregP:

If you are concerned about the money (understandable), I'd contact PayPal. I've had good luck with them getting my money back on two occasions (NOT from Chloe!).

Chloe is MidwestZ to the best of my knowledge, Greg. She used to work for the Nissan dealership and went out on her own. She stores parts in garage space she rents or owns - I don't know - and worked out of her house. It's a low-key operation and Chloe hustled for every bit of the appreciation she is getting in this thread. I have money tied up also, if that helps!!!

Something quite serious must have happened. It just doesn't make sense and not letting anyone know what's happening doesn't make sense either. I can't imagine, but it has to be something incapacitating and without the ability to give anyone instructions for settling issues.

A lot of us know her well enough for her to phone or e-mail an explanation, yet no one has heard anything! Its really perplexing. :ermm: I'm just going to wait it out and hope she brings her talents for part searching back to the 240Z stage.

It is strange, but as the kittens and and the z are still there she must still be in residence. I would guess from my conversations with Chloe that she wouldn't go very far without them.

I have some money tied up too, but for now I am more concerned with for her wellbeing

Why doesn't someone contact the local police to go out and take a look. They'd do that for a local friend and I'm sure they'd do that for members here. Just an idea.

Vicky

Does any member here have Chloe's last name and tried searching the web for any related news about her? When my Uncle died in Houston last year I found some stuff about him on the web. I hate to mention it but I recall hearing a blurb on the radio about some mysterious deaths in Wichita about the time Chloe went missing.

Fingers crossed.

Chris