IGNORED

ZG flair copy's in Australia

zr240

Hi all

I picked up some zg flairs (copys) in japan a while ago and some friends are intereested in getting a set. So I am going to probably make a mold and sell off a few sets. I just wanted to know if anyone in aus is interested in a set. They will problably be around 300-350 a set? let me know what you think.

(might fund a bit of my race car repair)

Ash

Im in melbourne

I will take some pics, but they look the same (direct copys) as the zg flairs and would be in white gel coat.

Dogma420 thats 150US im talking aus dollars and mine will be good ones as well as I have been making fibreglass bits for my car for some time and hand lay.

There isnt anyone in Aus that sells these flairs. There are places that have told me they do and when I see them thay are just similar ones off a torana or something.

Ash

That and the buyers will know that all the profit (which probably isnt all that much after ash makes the mould and lays them up by hand, not with a cheap nasty chopper gun effort) will go to removing the porsche indent from the side of a lovely racecar.

I resent that comment, my Z was saved from a fate as a parts car, and had I not taken it that day, it was going to be parted out. By me putting a set of flares on it and doing it up how I like it (it is my car after all) it keeps another Z car on the road. However just for you I will make sure that I cut the old rusted arches out carefully and keep them in a warm dry place (under my bed) so one day when you decide to buy it back, you can weld on the old lips, unrivet or unscrew (not sure yet) the flares, and with 2 seconds work, mig weld up the tiny holes. (I am keeping my original front guards, and using 260 ones with the light hole so the originals will be safe for your purists). Its not like a ricey wing or some such is being added either, its adding what was a factory available part?

I am the first to say I wouldnt hack up a car as pristine as yours, however its horses for courses, and for me a little extra rubber and a wider/tougher look is just what i am after.

Cheers Chris

240z in aus

if thats they way you fell then thats your problem but everyone is different and dont forget they are replica flairs which are from a z originally. Also personally my road z was fairly buchered when I got it so a few tastful mods wont hurt.

I am all for keeping good examples of the z in original condition. My race car was a racecar when I got it and had been crashed a few times before I got it aswell. Thats why I am not going out and buying another good example of a z and putting my race bits into it after the crash, because I too dont want to stuff a nice z.

Ash

Originally posted by dogma420

My question---I need to find wheels wider than 7" with correct offeset to go with these ZG flares!!!!!

Any help guys? take care,

Dog

If not on this forum then a search at HybridZ should give you a few US options. In Oz there are only Performance brand in 8 or 10 inch wide and 15 inch diameter and they are very heavy and a bit ugly looking, around $220AU each. Plus the custom stuff of course, around $500AU, $340US each, some of which is quite good.