IGNORED

#390 For Sale! Please Save From the Shredder!!

LOL, I think its part of a rain gutter....

seriously.. I don't know. I doubt its original though.

I'm probably going to take it off and put the 240z side sticker there instead.

The aluminum siding there doesn't look bad in person, it could have been an aftermarket option, though I've never seen it before. Its held on with phillips head screws though, which makes it look cheap up close. ......:ermm:

rust-wise there is a 2 inch hole underneath the battery, but the rest is solid ( screwdriver wouldn't go through the metal near the hole ), and two spots on the rear hatch where I could make only a screwdriver sized hole next to the rear window. ( I poked all around, trying to determine problem spots. :classic: The front hood has a bit of bondo on it b/c the bumper was bent at some point and someone openned the hood afterwards, it crumpled up the drivers side a bit.. will take some hammerring out but shouldn't be to bad. It need a new interior and a new paint job...

but it has had no accidents and all the joins are nice and tight, panels fit very well.

One funny thing... It has a dash cap thats all cracked and destroyed... so I ripped it off last night to find a fully intact dash!!!

:classic:

no cracks!!!! :classic: :classic:

with glue all over it.....:mad:

I'm hoping I can find a way to take the glue off without ruining the dash.....

Originally posted by ChrisA

Hey Matt, looks good. What is the stuff along the bottom of the doors and fenders. Looks like aluminum or stainless molding of some kind.

Chris

Chris (& Matt)

That is a Stainless trim strip that was a dealer add-on, like the vinyl stripes, vinyl roofs, sunroofs, floor mats, A/C, console arm rests, mag wheels, door ding strips, etc. The Stainless strip on Bambikiller is attached via pop rivets.

• 4 weeks later...
I say put a bullet through the block and put the poor thing out of it's misery. So sense in letting it suffer like that.:cry:

Vicky

The L-series is bulletproof. Didn't you know that? :)

I don't see why someone would choose to crush (maybe even pay) a car that has bids. There's no point to putting a reserve on a car that is junk to the owner. If you want it gone, start the bid at $1 with no reserve. Get it outta the garage!

• 3 months later...

Just to set the record straight on this car, I did sell # 390 Z car to Chuck. I am a dealer in classics and exotics, but started out in Z cars when they were not rusty. I have owned several hundred of them. Most of my clients prefer to remain "annonomous" when they buy a rare car. Chuck picked the Z through a third party, I never met him nor heard any more about the car from him. Out of respect for his privacy I informed ALL ebay Bidders, real and imagined the car was shredded. Since Chuck has decided to be public about it, I guess it is ok to say i am the seller and yes it was sold. I appreciate the kind comments from the purchaser of my one blue 73, please feel free to check out my extensive Z collection and huge Z parts inventory. You are welcome to stop in and see the rest of my private collection if you are in Scranton area. I just finished up the restoration on my one 72. Check it out at http://www.eurasianperformance.com/72z.html