IGNORED

Anyone in Oz used Victoria British?

trs

Originally posted by trs

199US

precision rubber seals..

windscreen, back hatch glass, hatch rubbers, door rubbers, quarter window rubbers, hood strip.

I believe thats about it- there are 17 pieces.

Ok, I'm confused. Datto-Zed was aking about the MidwestZ kit and you answered with the VB Precision kit prices. Here's what I got from Chloe at MidwestZ when I asked about OEM seals. This adds up to about $1000 as compared to $200:

70-78 Windshield Seal OE $151.32

70-78 Rear Window Seal $96.03

70-78 Hatch Seal Outer Upper $45.31

70-78 Hatch Seal Outer Sides $35.95 (2 per car)

70-78 Hatch Seal Inner $124.67

70-73 Door Seal Right $68.80

70-73 Door Seal Left $68.80

70-75 Felt-glass Run Upper $28.55 (2 per car)

70-76 Rubber-run Lower $12.10 (2 per car)

70-72 Door Molding Right "squeegee" $65.72

70-72 Door Molding Left "squeegee" $70.83

70-78 Door/Fender Weatherstrip Right $18.38

70-78 Door/Fender Weatherstrip Left $18.38

70-73 Quarter Window Seal Outer $17.54 (2 per car)

70-73 Quarter Window Seal Glass $39.05 (2 per car)

70-78 Weather Strip Rivets $0.56

Originally posted by trs

Midwest also sells the precision kit...which I am getting.

Ah, I didn't realize that. I would have bought the kit from MidwestZ instead of MSA had I known. As it turns out MSA sent me two right door seals and no left door seal. I'm still waiting on the replacement.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

oops sorry didnt see this thread.

I ended up getting most of my gear from midwest Z (which is now not very happening).

I was a bit worried there for a moment because chloe went AWOL around the same time my package was shipped!

I did however end up getting some headlight and rear taillight gaskets from victoria british. I'm not sure on the exact prices and details etc since I got them through nixcars, but they arrived and have been installed. Nick did mention something about the shipping being a bit over the top, so i decided to go with MWZ to ship my mesh grill and weatherstripping.

The weatherseal kit I got from midwest is the 185US dollar complete weatherseal kit. It comes with door, front windscreen, hood, two piece hatch, rear hatch glass quarter window inner and outer seals. Quality wise they are just bits of rubber.

Ive only fitted the rear quarter windows thus far, and they fit fine.

The door seals do not come with the welting that comes on the precision rubbers, hence you have to use glue to fix them to the doors, if your original OEM welting is missing. They are also a strip of rubber as opposed to a connected door shape rubber.

I have a spare front OEM windscreen rubber and comparing it to the same rubber in my 17pc package, the quality difference is noticeable. The cuts in the 17pc kit are rougher, and the rubber seems to be softer. the 17pc kit also does not include the short rubbers that are placed on the front of the doors.

I have since gone and talked to warren at Allzparts in sydney. The seals he sells i don't believe are OEM seals. They are "made by the same company that makes the oem seals". And from what i saw, they look exactly the same as the precision seals sold on ebay. The precision door seals do come with doorwelting so no glue is required.

Im probably going to go for a set of those, namely since i couldnt be bothered arsing around with the glue, and also because I can get free shipping from US via the missus.

It's a shame midwest Z doesnt seem to work anymore, Chloe was a brilliant help and even gave me my shipping for free since she took so long to reply to my email! I still got done by customs.

p.s. if anyone is interested, I will have an excess of certain weatherseals in a month's time. namely, the el cheapo door seals, a front windscreen seal (oem or el cheapo depending on which i use), and two inner quarter window rubbers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7935985586&category=6763

this is the precision door seal i am talking bout, that warren has.

This is the kit i have- by too intense restoration:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4504728689&category=46093

not sure which one msa has.

the too intense restoration ones form a tight seal on the parts i have installed.

The difference being, they are just more fiddly to install.

I'd say the best would be the OEM rubbers, but im not sure how to get those in australia.

Failing that, get the precision seals from Warren at allzparts- which seem to cost the same as OEM seals anyway- it gets up to 1000 AUS for the whole lot.