IGNORED

Anyone in Oz used Victoria British?

trs

I am about to order a weatherstripping kit and some other rubber pieces from them.

Since they don't seem to have an email, I tried to ring them but got a message for a Wong motor company instead- my catalogue must be out of date or something.

Just wanted an indication on what they charge for "handling" and shipping.

Anyone ordered their rubber kit before? it is significantly cheaper than anything out there. $179 US.

If all else fails, I may just buy it all from midwest Z who are a tad more expensive but have much better service.

OH, MidwestZ will have the OEM seals which will fit your car much better than the ones sold by Vic Brit, which are manufactured by Precision Replacement Parts. Some people have a major problem closing their car doors with the PRP seals installed. They are too stiff and inflexible to allow the doors to close properly. I'd stick with OEM parts (actually, I did!) for weather seals.

Just my opinion

ah LONG!

that would explain it. :stupid:

I have been in contact with chloe at midwest, and she mentioned they used precision seals as well? [199 at midwest]

how much does midwest charge for the oem seals?

Originally posted by trs

how much does midwest charge for the oem seals?

I don't know. I got mine at Courtesy Nissan in Richardson Texas before I knew about Chloe. I did not get a full set for the entire car, and don't have the receipts anymore. Generally, the OEM seals are significantly more expensive than Precision.

Sometimes you get what you pay for, if you know what I mean.

Unless you are going for a concours look, trs, you may like to use the whole lot cheaper generic type rubbers where applicable eg door and hatch seals. I got mine from The Rubber Shop in Brisbane, quality and price excellent, just work out the total lengths you want and take samples.

Only Mr Fussy would notice the difference.:)

just got some stuff off them yesterday!

cost me $USD23 p & h. $11 postage and the rest handling. wtf are the handling that reuqires so much effort? (box was about 30cm x 20cm x 10cm)

Took at about 4 weeks for the goods to come airmail as well, which was very very average. I ordered over the net and then they called me a couple of days later with the postage options.

they are ok, if you can wait, but that postage is a killer,e specially on small parts.

Also, i'd be super wary of the territorial differences between the cars, although that mainly applies to the 260Z

I just replaced all of mine with the entire "Precision" kit (sold through MSA). I contacted Chloe first but couldn't convince myself to fork out right at $1000 for OEM seals. The MSA people told me that they used to have problems with the Precision kit but that Precision was really good about addressing the issues and the new kits are much better (I think he said it was a softer rubber composition). They just sell a 280Z kit so there are a couple of extra pieces for a 240Z. If you're concerned about the door seals you could always get just those from MidwestZ.

BTW, I just managed what I thought was impossible - I installed the windshield stainless trim with the windshield already in the car. If you don't know, the trick to this is to install the trim into the seal before putting it in the car. I had planned on replacing my windshield soon which is why I left the trim out temporarily. I have since decided to try to polish the scratches out of the original windshield hence the need to put the trim back without taking the windshield back out. I didn't want to risk breaking it after the aftermarket windshield broke going in.

Thanks for all the comments guys.

I ended up going for Midwest Z mainly due to the great customer service and also because the aussie dollar is healthy at the moment.

Ended up ordering some other bits and bobs as well.

Thumbs up for Chloe.